Tag my .wav albums then batch convert to AAC (1 Viewer)

rickd

Portal Pro
October 9, 2007
If I was to take my ripped bit perfect wav files which have file format as \Artist\album\song title as filename and artwork is .jpg in folder

Tag them for use in MP using MPTAGThat the tags will showup in MP ok? yes :)?

If I then want to batch convert them to AAC for itunes they will retain the tags and album art and import into itunes ok with that info and art?

if so what is best approach?

Thanks Rick

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yes, you can tag your .wav files and they'll show up in MP.

you can then batch convert to AAC and the tag information will be carried over.
    However you have to include the .jpg as a picture tag into the file, as itunes doesn't process the .jpg iirc.

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    How do you include it in the file as for both .wav nd .aif as I note that my aif files do not have the art in them when they go into itunes

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    when you tag the files, you have the ability to attach a picture. this works both for wav and aif.
    tough i don't know, if itunes can read them correctly. you need to try

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    I tried batch converting an album and it works with flac but not with AAC as the otput the conversion occurss in tagthat but the file is not written

Am running vista
    and itunes 8.2

Also I converted an album to mp3 and all good itunes does not pick up the cover art from the files why is that? Kinda defeats the purpose what file format goes across with art to itunes best?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    better ask the Apple guys, why they don't pick up cover art, which is stored in files. :)
    need to look at the aac stuff. don't use it myself, soi don't have too much experience with it

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    sorted the apple side it needs tags version 3.2 so all good jst need to understand if we can do AAC or apple lossless

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Copy nscrt.dll and enc_aacplus.dll from your current winamp installation to the bin\Encoder folder of MPTagThat and it'll work.

look at the AAC tab in the Ripping / Conversion section of MPTagThat preferences.

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    Thanks the tags need to be version 2.4 for itunes no problem.....there

Another issue I have now is the batch convert of my .wav's I have 6700 files and the issue is how it is handling the compilations

I have settings \<Artist>\<Album>\<K> - <T>

how do I set it up so it does keep compilations in an album folder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom