Take album art from Directory (1 Viewer)

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
How can i made mediaportal take album pictures from directory? I have it all (except one) in <artist> - <album>\<artist> - <album>.jpg format

Also how to delete (yes i know media portal will not do that :) ) all album art from tags and auto insert resized versions of it? I have manualy dlled covers so i have some like 2MB arts in tags and its quite useless.

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MP will look for a folder.jpg file. some utilities existed to rename or copy-rename your jpeg's, but don't remember which.

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Hmm, and why folder.jpg? I saw it in some mp3s i dlled \:, but which program generate this?

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Lolita said:
Hmm, and why folder.jpg? I saw it in some mp3s i dlled \:, but which program generate this?
It's the Windows & Windows media player standard.
This topic on another forum may give you some hints how to rename all *jpg files to folder.jpg.
1-4a Rename seems to do the job (though various others will undoubtably do as well.)

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Hmm but i don't want to chenge my naming convesion, i will use images in tags, but i need to delete them first ...

Btw i didn't know, that windows madia player can download album art :)

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
On this note, is there anyway of stopping MP downloading the cover art? I refer to the DVD section mainly as I love the IMDB lookup feature, but I already have cover art & don't want it replaced. Is it possible to have the IMDB lookup, but not the cover art?

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Lolita said:
Hmm but i don't want to chenge my naming convesion, i will use images in tags, but i need to delete them first ...

Btw i didn't know, that windows madia player can download album art :)
Didn't mean that WMP can actually dl art (might be, dunno), but that WMP looks for folder.jpg and thus a lot of programs have adapted to this pseudostandard.
I don't think you'll have to delete your *.jpg's, MP will just ignore them (remember that you have to tick some setting to let MP look for art in tags before scanning your collection.)

zag2me

Portal Pro
April 11, 2006
Home Country
England England
Would be cool if media portal could show any cover that has *front* in the filename, that would solve all the problems.

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Not for me, but some settings for this would be nice ...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Why not just stick with the standard and use folder.jpg? Standards are made for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom