Take long time to open movie list (1 Viewer)

db_no

Portal Member
August 17, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
TV-Server Version: RC3
MediaPortal Version: RC3
MediaPortal Skin: Aeon Wide
Windows Version: XP MCE

When i press movies to open the movies list is takes long time. apx 1 min 15 sec...

This is what the log says:

2008-10-25 14:49:44.046875 [Debug][MPMain]: Window: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles init
2008-10-25 14:51:02.484375 [Debug][MPMain]: GUIVideoFiles: Resetting virtual directory
2008-10-25 14:51:02.500000 [Info.][MPMain]: open folderdatabase
2008-10-25 14:51:02.859375 [Debug][MPMain]: GUIVideoFiles: SelectCurrentItem - nothing to do for item -1
2008-10-25 14:51:02.875000 [Info.][13]: opening video database
2008-10-25 14:51:02.875000 [Info.][13]: video database opened

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That show's 18 Seconds, in your MP's view have you got database selected, just a distinct lack of information, so we can help pinpoint problem.

db_no

Portal Member
    August 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I am not sure i understand you.
    From 14:49:44 to 14:51:02 is 78 seconds...
    I did not understand your question? What do you need to help me?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Saturday, early start because of daughter, just reread, 78 secs is correct :oops:

OK , whats needed.

Amount of files in database, have these files been scanned in MP config\Video\database and been successful, your view in Mediportal is set to Title not shares.

and all logs uploaded please, use start menu\logs collector for this and use the advanced + feature to upload and attach.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Same problem here, using Shares view. I want to have a separate catalogue for the kids movies, and another for recordings, and another for home-movies, so the Title view is not a good option for me. I have always used Shares view and lately it has been much, much slower in the clients. Has there been a change in how much data is sent, or what can be the reason? It does not seem to be cashed either. It takes the same time every time the files are to be shown, even when you stop a movie, and MP is going back to the files. Nothing is shown in the logs (debug mode). Just a long time delay before " nothing to do for item -1"

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    do you share your database in multiseat setup?

I've had the same problem by changing the "mediaportal.dir" ... all clients are set to the same Server folder for .../thumb and .../database

after i've changed the settings back again the problem is disappeared

cu

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    do you share your database in multiseat setup?

I've had the same problem by changing the "mediaportal.dir" ... all clients are set to the same Server folder for .../thumb and .../database

after i've changed the settings back again the problem is disappeared

cu

Yes, but with separate databases, you have to get thumbnails from IMBD for every client... and so on...
    The question is why the datatransfer is so slow, or if its unnessesery much data transfered. If its a SQL problem, a MediaPortal problem, or a Windows problem. I think only a developer can sort that out.

db_no

Portal Member
    August 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi
    Finally i had the time to upload the logs.

I am using Shares view. And my Video database is apx 800kb.
    Deleting the videodatabase file does not help, but deleting all database files helps - for i while.

capo56

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi all,
    I have some problem. Everytime I want to view folders that are in VIDEO "category" (there are just four), it takes few minutes to view it! If I am in one of Video subfolder (for example in VIDEO/Movies), there is no problem with speed. There is no difference between going to view VIDEO down from Menu, or up from Video subfolder.
    I turned off both firewall and antivirus. I tried to uncheck mark already watched movie, reset video db, delete all db files... Nothing helps. There is not even any CPU load or HDD work when it is "waiting". The mediaportal.exe process is not even possible to kill during this time. I have no other ideas.
    Can anybode help please?
    In a result, I have to wait few minutes to see just 4 folders to be able to choose from :/

MediaPortal v1.1.2.0 is starting up on Windows 7 [6.1.7600.0] 64bit on Athlon II X2

There are totaly 1TB stored in 3077 video files in 428 folders.
    VideoDatabaseV5.db3 has 262 144kB. FolderDatabase3.db3 has 2 576kB.
    Video database was scanned, now is reseted without scanning.
    View is set to title.
    Log can be seen on

All files are on local disc.

Log from debug mode is here http://jirin.net/download/MediaPortalLogs_13_02_11__09_26.zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom