Takes forever to start plugin! (1 Viewer)

maiky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello

MP 1.2b
    Latest streamedMP and movingpictures.

When i start mediaportal config for monvig pictures it freezes on "updateing filtering menue" it takes 2-5mins.

Also when in MP it hangs on "updating catagory list" for the same amount of time.
    When its loaded it goes fast but when i restart mediaportal it slow again.
    I have almost 500 movies in the database and it would suck if i need to re-add all of em. (date added status will be lost)

Does anyone have any idea what causes this? Its been this slow a few days now and never before

Best regards,
    maiky

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As allways: Please make a proper report and include the log files. Please use the DEBUG Option from the start menu to run MP and select the 2nd option (report bug to plugin dev) and attach the gathered logs in the zip file here.

Our gass balls are permanently out of order ;)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Error log:
    Code:
    2011-08-26 15:53:43.644654 [ERROR][(9)]: SQLiteClient: query returned CORRUPT insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (2, 11867)
    2011-08-26 15:53:43.644654 [ERROR][(9)]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query:insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (2, 11867)
    2011-08-26 15:53:59.216545 [ERROR][(9)]: SQLiteClient: query returned CORRUPT insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (2, 11867)
    2011-08-26 15:53:59.216545 [ERROR][(9)]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query:insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (2, 11867)
    2011-08-26 15:54:16.078509 [ERROR][(9)]: SQLiteClient: query returned CORRUPT insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (48, 11892)
    2011-08-26 15:54:16.079509 [ERROR][(9)]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query:insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (48, 11892)
    2011-08-26 15:54:32.844468 [ERROR][(9)]: SQLiteClient: query returned CORRUPT insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (48, 11892)
    2011-08-26 15:54:32.844468 [ERROR][(9)]: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query:insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (48, 11892)
    2011-08-26 15:54:56.300810 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: No translation found for id 109915
    MovingPictures log
    Code:
    26-Aug-2011 15:53:31  Warn [FollwitBackgroundPro]: Attempting to perform follw.it actions when feature is disabled or when server is unavailable. 
    26-Aug-2011 15:53:43 Error [     DatabaseManager]: Could not commit to node table. SQLite.NET.SQLiteException: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query:insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (2, 11867)
       at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ThrowError(String statement, String sqlQuery, SqliteError err)
       at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.Execute(String query)
       at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.updateRelationTable(DatabaseTable dbObject, DBRelation currRelation)
       at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.updateRelationTables(DatabaseTable dbObject)
       at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.update(DatabaseTable dbObject)
    26-Aug-2011 15:53:44 Debug [     DatabaseManager]: INSERTING: DBNode: Western () 
    26-Aug-2011 15:53:59 Error [  MovingPicturesCore]: Error:  SQLite.NET.SQLiteException: SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query:insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (2, 11867)
       at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ThrowError(String statement, String sqlQuery, SqliteError err)
       at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.Execute(String query)
       at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.updateRelationTable(DatabaseTable dbObject, DBRelation currRelation)
       at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.CommitRelations(DatabaseTable dbObject)
       at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.Commit(DatabaseTable dbObject)
       at Cornerstone.Database.Tables.DatabaseTable.Commit()
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Database.DatabaseMaintenanceManager.VerifyFilterMenu()
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesCore.Initialize()
    26-Aug-2011 15:54:01 Debug [     DatabaseManager]: UPDATING: DBNode: ${Genre} (48)

Check the time...
    I'm no expert, but I would think the MovingPictured DB is corrupted :confused:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Of course I meant gLass balls, not those large things like Jupiter & Saturn....

I checked your log and it seems that your database file for moving pictures is corrupt.
    [blockquote]
    2011-08-26 15:53:28.643796 [Info.][(9)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database: movingpictures.db3
    2011-08-26 15:53:43.643654 [Info.][(9)]: SQLiteClient: query returned CORRUPT insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (2, 11867)
    2011-08-26 15:53:43.644654 [Info.][(9)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query:insert into node__node(node1_id, node2_id) values (2, 11867)
    [/blockquote]

A broken db file occurs sometimes when the pc crashes while it is wrting to the file, or when you use the db on a network share (do you?), or if issues with the sw exists and due to some bogus command the db is broken. Best is of course to backup (ehm, I know that does not help you now).

But it seems that the data is still in there, since it can display the contents (even if it can not write to it anymore). You might want to try this application https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/app-copy-artwork-details-movie-folder-71649/ which will create .nfo files for your movies. As MovingPictures has an nfo file parser you might get your data back (as original as it was, but I don't know if all details are rescued). Keep your current db as a backup, in extreme cases you could use the SQLite Browser to export the whatched info and reimport that into your new db.

So steps:
    1. Try the App to rescue your data to nfo & local pictures.
    2. Copy the old db to a safe location (MP should be shutdown).
    3. Remove the database
    4. Let MovingPictures re-import using the nfo grabber (which I think is in the default list somewhere).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you are lucky and you recently updated MovingPictures before database went corrupt, you might be in luck, because it makes a backup of your database file that you can use to get the majority back the way you want it. Check the database folder.

It is also possible to fix the corrupt database manually if only certain tables are corrupted, but it takes a lot of time and you need to be handy with SQLite tools (usually best to just rely on backups, but you can manually recover data such as date-added to a fresh install if backup does not exist).

maiky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Oh crap, this sounds bad.. But! The file works?? i can add new movies. The only problem is that it takes a while to start it? Is it possible to do something within the configuration (regarding backup of date added) Actually.. the date added thingy is the most important. I have used the same db for some years now :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Takes forever to start plugin!

Hi.
    It will be best to recreate your DB. This speed things up a lot as I know from my own DB. I have 1000++ Movies and have done lots of manual changes to database entries so I also did not like to loose all this. Easiest is to use https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/app-copy-artwork-details-movie-folder-71649/ as mentioned before. This is the best way to backup your data at all. One important thing if you manually change the "Sorttitle" field. Then you have to update the xbmc scrapper to V1.05 as older versions did not import this field.
    I recreate my MovingPictures DB every now and then. This will help keeping the DB clean and fast. With this tool no changes or db- entries are lost. Just run the tool to update the local .nfo files (watched status,...) then delete db and start MovPic importer. On my 1.000++ movies this will take less than 10 minutes. After that MovPic is responding a lot faster at all.

maiky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you! will try as soon that i have time for it :) Will post and update later on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom