TBS 6984 Quad Tuner DVB-S/S2 PCIe Card Review (1 Viewer)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    nice review.

try and give the card a spin using the test channels / stress test within setuptv :)

see how it fares...
    eg. setup concurrent users to 4-6

/gibman

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah good idea! You'd think I would have included that in TV Card / TV Server Review!:confused: I think my disk might be the biggest choking point. Now just have to wait for a time when WAF won't be affected ;-)

shummi

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hi

Does anyone know when the DiSeqc problem will be solved, and who is working on it, if any?

i have channel change times of 400-700 ms on SD and 1200 - 1700 on HD
    But of course without DiSeqc

shummi

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

I'am usign TBS6984 and it is a suber card, after i have unmounted DiSeqc
    My Ch Sw times are SD 400-700, and HD 1200-1700

Does anyone know when DiSeqc will be supported?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi shummi

I'm the person who will be working on DiSEqC. DiSEqC support cannot be added to MP 1.2.0 because 1.2.0 is now closed for new features, therefore it would be in 1.3.0a at the earliest. I would hope to gather a few people for testing before 1.3.0a and provide them with a patch to test. Unfortunately I have *a lot* of other things that I am working on right now, so I simply can't make this a priority. It may very easily be 3 more months before I can find the time to assemble the patch for testing...

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi chrik

I'd have to check with TBS on whether two cards would work, but I think they should. Naming would probably be a-d x2, however if you know how to customise an ini script then you can "fix" that.

mm
    :)

raintree_county

Portal Member
    August 5, 2011
    Home Country
    China China
    Hi

I'am usign TBS6984 and it is a suber card, after i have unmounted DiSeqc
    My Ch Sw times are SD 400-700, and HD 1200-1700

Does anyone know when DiSeqc will be supported?

Hi Shummi,from our testing in the lab, TBS6984 on MediaPortal works with Diseqc Switch 4x1. What's your Diseqc type? Maybe you can mount the Diseqc back and have a try to see if there is any problem.

Hi chrik

I'd have to check with TBS on whether two cards would work, but I think they should. Naming would probably be a-d x2, however if you know how to customise an ini script then you can "fix" that.

mm
    :)

Hi mm,

2x or more cards should works. In practice, some customer installed 10x cards in one server for IPTV streaming, but the platform is Linux so i will check 2x cards on MediaPortal and report back.:)

Users who are viewing this thread