TBS DiSEqC with BDA Drivers (1 Viewer)

BrianShu

Portal Member
September 21, 2015
Home Country
England England
My installation is new. Have 4 Quattro LNBs connected to a Multiswitch and to a TBS6922 card and a TBS5922SE USB tuner. It all works except the it will only receive a signal from LNB1. i.e the DiSEqC switch is not working. I believe it's the drivers supplied. Has anyone got any older drivers for these cards. (or any other ideas). Help - desperate.

BrianShu

Portal Member
September 21, 2015
Home Country
England England
Thank you for your swift response.
Can I confirm the installation instructions for the 1.6 patch?
  1. Stop the TVService. Close Mediaportal and TV Server configuration.
  2. Copy your ver 1.6 TvLibrary.dll and TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll to the TV Server install folder replacing the 1.12 versions.
  3. Copy your ver 1.6 TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll to the Mediaportal install folder replacing the 1.12 version. Do this on each Mediaportal client machine.
  4. Restart the TVService.
I do not currently have the TbsCIapi.dll installed in any Mediaportal folder. Do I need to do anything with your version?
Will I need to do a rescan of all of my channels (terrestrial and satellite)? Will it have affected any of my program schedules?
I use 'Prog Finder 2.34' to setup my dish and LNBs. Should I replace it's TbsCIapi.dll (ver 1.0.1.1) file with yours (1.0.1.4)?

Apologies for all the questions but it's all new to me!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Can I confirm the installation instructions for the 1.6 patch?
    The installation instructions are provided in the first post of the thread that I linked. The only difference with the 1.6 patch is there is no longer a TsWriter in the patch, and instruction 4 does not apply (there's only one TVLibrary.dll provided). Please make sure you take a backup! ;)

I do not currently have the TbsCIapi.dll installed in any Mediaportal folder. Do I need to do anything with your version?
    As per the installation instructions: put it in your TV Server install folder.

Will I need to do a rescan of all of my channels (terrestrial and satellite)?
    No.
    If you were to rescan any channels it would be your satellite ones... and you'd only need to do that if they have the wrong DiSEqC configuration.
    Please make sure you "update satellite list" before starting your additional satellite scans.

Will it have affected any of my program schedules?
    No.
    Schedules are only affected if you delete channels.

I use 'Prog Finder 2.34' to setup my dish and LNBs.
    Obviously Prog Finder cannot be used to populate TV Server's channel list.
    Tuners can only be controlled by one application/program at a time. Therefore, please ensure that all other software that interacts with the tuner (such as ProgDVB and Prog Finder) are closed before you start trying to use MediaPortal's TV Server.

Should I replace it's TbsCIapi.dll (ver 1.0.1.1) file with yours (1.0.1.4)?
    No, I would not do that if I were you.
    The patch is provided for MediaPortal's TV Server. We have no connection to Prog.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom