[News] Team Management Changes (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    As we move closer to the final release of MP 1.1.0, and start to gear up for MP2, we have been discussing what is required for the Team to manage the transition.

As a result we have created new Group Managers for our Test Group and for MP 1 development

New Test Group Manager
    Mark (elliottmc) will take over my position as Test Group Manager.

By doing that, we ensure to have one dedicated team member taking care about our Quality Assurance, while I will have more time to take care about the background management tasks.​

New MediaPortal 1 Development Managers
    As more developers switch to MediaPortal 2 Development, we want to keep MediaPortal 1 alive.

There are many pending patches from the community which we could not include in 1.1.0 because of the feature freeze.

After the 1.1.0 final release, Arion (arion_p) and Simone (Chemelli) will oversee the further development of MediaPortal 1 as MP1 Development Managers.

They will ensure that MP1 development stays organized, and that those patches provided by the community get added to the application.

Please understand that we do not plan to do any more radical or big changes to MP1.

Further releases are meant to be maintenance releases, to be used until MP2 reaches a state where it can replace MP1.​

yastarabe

Portal Member
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    can you tell us something about mediaportal 2? a simply preview of expected functions and features.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Actually this is good news for me.

I have no plans to move to Windows & (not a big anti-MS statement, just that I don't see why I should).

Once I get a stable XP platform I intend my own feature freeze - might stop the WAF from falli8ng through the floor!

I'm not against progress but overall what I really want is something to record and playback TV - almost anything else is just gravy (own HomeSeer plugin - extensively used, notwithstanding :D).

Just having pretty graphics is not actually useful to me - sorry but true.

So, please, please do this - it will help me no end.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Actually this is good news for me.

I have no plans to move to Windows & (not a big anti-MS statement, just that I don't see why I should).

Once I get a stable XP platform I intend my own feature freeze - might stop the WAF from falli8ng through the floor!

I'm not against progress but overall what I really want is something to record and playback TV - almost anything else is just gravy (own HomeSeer plugin - extensively used, notwithstanding :D).

Just having pretty graphics is not actually useful to me - sorry but true.

So, please, please do this - it will help me no end.
    I am sorry, but how is this related to that topic?

And what do you mean by:
    I have no plans to move to Windows

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I think he means it's good for him (since he doesn't plan to move to W7/MPII) that there will still be a dedicated team for MPI...

Although imo it's too early for such statements because who knows what will be in >1 (???) year when MPII is ready to hit the streats...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom