[no Bug] Technisat Cablestar Combo HD - no graph build (1 Viewer)

pinetree

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2beta
    MediaPortal Skin: none
    Windows Version: Windows 7 SP1, 64bit
    CPU Type: Intel Atom CPUD525
    HDD:
    Memory: 4GB
    Motherboard:
    Video Card: nvidia ion2
    Video Card Driver: latest 275
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: latest (only one available)
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: xtreamer ultra
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi,

I was using MP 1.1.3 until yesterday and everything worked fine. For reasons I decided to step up to 1.2

Update ran without errors.

After the start of tv the message "failed building graph" comes up. Same in TVserver on clicking preview. Channel search doesnt find any channels (no signal -but is extremly quick)

What I did to reproduce:

1. Fully, complete deinstallation of 1.2

2. new fresh 1.2 installation -> no signal, graph error

3. Fully, complete deinstallation of 1.2

4. new fresh 1.1.3 installation -> signal ok, TV works fine

5. Fully, complete deinstallation of 1.1.3

6. 2. new fresh 1.2 installation -> no signal, graph error

7. Fully, complete deinstallation of 1.2

8. new fresh 1.1.3 installation -> signal ok, TV works fine

9. update to 1.2. -> no signal, graph error

The logs attached are from step 8 and 9.

During these steps I didn't install or uninstall anything else than MP itself.

The DVBviewer program is always able to tune and show TV no matter which version of MP is used.

I think i might missed something simple - ok i hope so ;)

Since this is my first post here - do you need any other additional logs?

greets

atttachments:
    screenshot setting von TV cars (already tried all combinations)
    Log 21_59 -> MP 1.1.3. working fine
    Log 22_07 -> MP 1.2. after update from 1.1.3 - build graph error

PS: Forum said i needed to select a prefix for the thread title - but I only could choose confirm,,,

Attachments

• cardsettings.JPG
      cardsettings.JPG
      40.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi pinetree

Thank you for reporting the problem. :)
    This problem here is actually the same as the problem discussed in -->this thread<--. The TerraTec H7 and TechniSat CableStar Combo HD CI are clones - the hardware is the same, they're just sold by different companies.

To summarise: the problem is caused by a driver issue. It may be possible to work around the problem, however it would be better if TechniSat could fix their driver. In the case of the H7 there is already a new driver available that solves the problem. I suggest that you contact TechniSat and ask them for a new driver. The technical description of the problem is:

MediaPortal recognises the tuner filter as a capture/receiver filter. The tuner filter should not define the KSCATEGORY_BDA_RECEIVER_COMPONENT category in the filter descriptor because it does not implement the capture/receiver filter interface.

Best regards,
    mm

pinetree

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for your quick answer.

I'll send technisat an email but i think they won't do much about it since, they are only reselling the product and haven't updated their drivers since 15.07.2009. Most of these companies have no interest in updating their drivers :(.

Since I got some mkv stutteromg playback issues with 1.1.3 (which are gone in 1.2) i really would like to use the card in this release.

In the other thread I read that you tried some workaround for the H7 with a new tvserver dll if I remember correctly - could that also work with this card?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Yes, I did provide a workaround... and yes it would work with your Cablestar Combo HD. :)
    I must say it is frustrating when companies don't support their products with driver updates. I *really* hope TechniSat take your email seriously because I don't want to have to keep providing a workaround for all future versions of MP!
    If the worst comes to worst, it should actually be possible to install the TerraTec H7 driver instead of the CableStar driver. I have done similar with a TechniSat Skystar HD 2 - in that case I installed the Terratec Cinergy S2 PCI HD CI drivers. It only required a small change to the ini file that came with the drivers...

mm

pinetree

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i'll gave the tvlibrary.dll from the h7 thread a shot and it works! :D

Thanks a lot - should i receive any feedback from technisat i'll keep you posted.

abeule

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2008
    AW: Re: Technisat Cablestar Combo HD - no graph build

If the worst comes to worst, it should actually be possible to install the TerraTec H7 driver instead of the CableStar driver. I have done similar with a TechniSat Skystar HD 2 - in that case I installed the Terratec Cinergy S2 PCI HD CI drivers. It only required a small change to the ini file that came with the drivers...

Could you please tell what changes you made in the ini-files?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi abeule

Before I say anything else, I should give a caution:

Fiddling with driver files can damage your hardware. I take no responsibility for that. Also, I'm certain that Technisat and Terratec would recommend that you use the standard driver for your card. You have been warned...

With that out of the way...:)

The Skystar HD2 has a slightly different device path to the Cinergy S2. All I had to do was change all references to the Cinergy device path to use the Skystar HD2 device path. The remote ini file didn't have to be touched - only the main device ini.

Original:
    %Cinergy.DeviceDesc% = Cinergy, PCI\VEN_1822&DEV_4E35&SUBSYS_00031AE4
    HKR,"DriverData","1041",0x00010001, 0x1A,0xE4,0x00,0x03

Modified:
    %Cinergy.DeviceDesc% = Cinergy, PCI\VEN_1822&DEV_4E35&SUBSYS_1179153B
    HKR,"DriverData","1041",0x00010001, 0x15,0x3B,0x11,0x79

I've attached the full ini files in case it helps you understand better.

mm

Attachments

• ini files.zip
      10.8 KB

pinetree

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i just wanted to add that after updating to MP 1.2.1 final, i needed to apply the tvlibrary.dll fix mentioned in the second post from mm1352000 again (I used the new version for 1.2RC) and its working fine again. Maybe that fix should find its way into MP as a permanent solution since TechniSat is very unlikely to update their flawed drivers.
    Link to that post -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hannels-detected-95913/index4.html#post781283

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi pinetree

I'm sorry but at this stage we're not going to add this as a fix to MP. It is more like a "hack". Please complain to Technisat so that they know there is a problem with their drivers - they can't fix problems that they don't know about.

mm

dingausmwald

Portal Member
    October 7, 2011
    Hello, sry for warming this up but i cant help myself anymore. I got a technisat cablestar combo too and im trying to run the server. On 1.2.0 he finds every channel with the tvlibrary.dll from the other channel. But 1.1.3 just finds paytv channel i cant even see with the receiver. The channels im looking for are not found. The problem is that i want to stream the stuff via xbmctv server to my xbmc and on 1.2 i cant find the server. There might be smth wrong with the plugin since its just ofr the 1.2 beta. So i wanted to run everything on 1.1.3 because there the streaming connection is fine.. but no channels like ive said :( could smb tell me why? The dll doesnt work on 1.1.3. Ive even tried to modify the tarratec driver but its in an exe and i cant get to the files i should change, even i dont know how i had to modify them... but im studing informatics so i guess i will get along with it somehow. Pleeeease help me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom