Technotrend cards (e.g. TT S2-3200) don't work after standby/hibernate (1 Viewer)

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2 with latest SVN (13488)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP Professional MCE Edition with SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3400+ (AM2)
    HDD: Samsung 250GB
    Memory: 1GB DDR
    Motherboard: MSI Platinum Board
    Motherboard Chipset: nForce 570
    Motherboard Bios: Award
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 6600 GS
    Video Card Driver: nvidia V93.71
    Sound Card: On-Board
    Sound Card AC3: AC3 / optical SPDIF out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Technotrend S2-3200
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S and DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.4.1.18
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 7
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 7
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2 E
    HTPC Case: Ahanix MCE 601
    Cooling: power supply fan, CPU boxed cooler, 2 housing fans
    Power Supply: Ahanix
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 525
    TV: Samsung LCD 32"
    TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

Hi,

this is a follow up on the sticky thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/powerscheduler_plugin-t20699.html, which has been closed because it refers only to the PowerScheduler WiKi.

I have updated MP with todays SVN and todays TV server and due to scoops latest updates to the PowerScheduler, my PC now comes out of standby without crashing any more.

scoop: Many thanks for the great work on the PowerScheduler. I really appreciate that you have implemented changes based on my problem (disconnect TV server from BDA driver before entering standby and then reinit BDA driver again after standby...).

However, one major issue remains:
    After the PC comes out of standby, I enter the "MyTV" menu but this does not work. MP shows the screen "timeshift could not be started. The channel has not been mapped to a crad" (screenshot attached). Before standby, this has worked perfectly.

When I close MP and try to start the TV server, the TV server shows "unable to connect to htpc", where HTPC is my TV server in my single seat setup. After that the TV server screen opens but is empty.

I need to restart the PC and after that everything works okay again.

Question now to scoop:
    What is the difference between the sequence I used before and that works (stop tv server before going into standby and after resume, restart BDA driver and then start tv server again) and your "init TV service" that you have implemented now?
    Could it be that you either do no restart the BDA driver the same way as the comand "devcon restart" or do you maybe not wait ling enough after the restart of the BDA driver until you reconnect?

Any help on this issue is highly appreciated because I think I am close and I am not the only one who has this TV card...

Logs attached. The resume happend around 19:51.
    Arround that I can see the following error message in the TV server log:

19.03.2007 19:51:43 Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(Object o)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardCollection.DetectCards()
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardCollection..ctor()
    bei TvService.TVController.Init()
    19.03.2007 19:51:43 Exception :Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    19.03.2007 19:51:43 site :Int32 ReleaseComObject(System.Object)
    19.03.2007 19:51:43 source :mscorlib
    19.03.2007 19:51:43 stacktrace: bei System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(Object o)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardCollection.DetectCards()
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardCollection..ctor()
    bei TvService.TVController.Init()

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Bah, it indeed looks as if the card somehow isn't available yet after resuming from standby. Isn't it about time to start filing a bug report to the company you actually bought this (ahem) nice card from? :)

Anyway, I've added a small pause (just over a second) before restarting the TVController now to SVN. Grab revision 13497 or higher for testing please. I don't want to make the pause too big as this might introduce other unwanted side-effects.

BTW, the big difference now - which makes this actually work - is that TvService.exe keeps running now - which is required to be able to wakeup the system. If TvService is stopped right before entering standby, it cannot set the desired wakeup time correctly (even though the log might show otherwise).

Kind regards,
    Michel

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2 + SVN + TVE3
    MediaPortal Skin: b2
    Windows Version: xp sp2 updated
    CPU Type: AMD 3500+ AM2
    HDD: maxtor 120 sta + segate 250 sata
    Memory: 2*512 ddr2 667 cl4
    Motherboard: ASUS M2NPV-VM
    Motherboard Chipset: nvidia 430
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Nvidia 6150 O/B
    Video Card Driver: 93.71
    Sound Card: SoundMAX HD Audio
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0001.4151
    1. TV Card: technotrend S-1500 budget with CI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.4.10.18
    2. TV Card: hauppauge PVR150
    2. TV Card Type: analog HW
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PUREVIDEO
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: PUREVIDEO
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: hotbird 13°
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: MCE
    TV: philips CRT 28"
    TV - HTPC Connection: s-video

same result here, go perfctly in hibernation, then wakeup correctly but in MP i get "can't start timeshift" and in setuptv--> manual control start timeshift i get "unknow error".

here the error logs by tvserver.

In the past when Dman add support of technotrends card in TVE3 ,he had investigate about that and we had seen the TT cam utility for MCE permit descramble channel after stanby/hibernation. Then seems possible get TT working after stanby. The question is: HOW CAN DO THAT ?

Dman please help us :)

here TT page with downloads
    http://www.technotrend.de/english/download/download.html

and a piece take from it:
    "
    # TT_MCE_Tools.zip (26.06.2006) (2,2 MByte)
    driver package and solution for
    Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    for all TT-budget cards (DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T) also
    with Common Interface support;
    A new recording feature works better for decrypted channels. It is now possible to automatically decrypt channels after standby.
    Another new tool can automatically configure the DVB-T antenna power for the TV-Stick.
    please note the included installation guide (PDF)"

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    scoop:

1. You are just amazing. :D
    I am really impressed that you help me that quickly... I do understand that this is not the usual way how it works. Thanks a lot for your support on that issue.

2. Believe me, I have complaint about the TT drivers at the TT support but as you might know, the support contacts of such companies are not there to solve your technical problems but to make you think that you are the problem yourself :( Therefore, I did not get any help from them...

3. I tried todays SVN and TVE3 but unfortunately the problem still exists. :confused:
    Logs are attached. If I stop the TVServer after the PC has resumed from standby and then restart the BDA driver and then restart the TVServer, everything works fine.

So I think the 1 seconds delay after resuming from standby is not enough for the BDA driver to fully initialize. I know that you have some concerns to extend that wait period before the TV service reconnects to the BDA driver but would it be possible to make that value configurable? I really would like to test, if it need 5, 10 or 15 seconds until the BDA drivers are ready.

Also, I think there are many users with USB TV cards, which will have the same issue because USB initialization takes even longer...

Any more help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Andy

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    scoop:
    I tested todays SVN (the 10 seconds delay after resume) but it made things even worse. Now, MyTV does not work any more even though after a complete PC restart! I have to go into TV server setup and the to manual control --> start timeshift and stop timeshift. Afterwards, it works in MP again but only until the next standby or restart.

Therefore, I think we really have to work on the reinit of the BDA drivers. Again, if I use the "devcon restart" command, I can fix the problem after resume. However, I have to stop the TV server before that and restart it afterwards. This causes the TV server to stop any recording so it is not feasible for a PVR.

Question: What is the difference between the "devcon restart" command and your BDA reinit?

Would it be possible that you use the devcon restart command within the TV server after resume from standby and after that has been finished, you connect to the BDA driver?

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Maybe this is possible. I have no idea what "devcon restart" means though. The only thing that I'm doing from PowerScheduler right now is freeing the tvcards on entering standby and restarting them on resume. This should free al resources used by the card implementation, but I guess here lies the problem.

Maybe you could elaborate more on what exactly "devcon restart" is, or point me to a post or website where it's described in more detail.

Kind regards,
    Michel

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Michel,

please see this thread for more information on the "devcon restart" command:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/technotrend_s2_3200_not_functional_after_standby-t19854.html

I actually opened that before this thread but after I recognizes that the TT drivers are maybe not the only point where something can be done, I have open this support thread.

Also, please see the Microsoft page for more details about the devcon command
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272

However, I still don't understand, what you are really doing when you are saying "and restarting them on resume. ". How exactly are you restarting them right now?

Also, I have recognized that the restart of the TT s2-3200 BDA drivers might take 1-13 seconds :-( So maybe the 10 seconds timer was not even long enough...

Really strange problem but it seems that all TT users do have that issue...

Thanks in advance for your continous help.

Andy

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi Andy,

As a last resort, today I've added an option to run an external command before entering standby / after resuming from standby. This command will run before the tvservice frees the tvcards on standby, and before the tvservice reinitializes the tvcards after resume. This should give you
    • The possibillity to run the devcon command before standby / after wakeup
    • The possibillity to introduce a wait time before the tvcards are reinitialized
    An example of a batchfile utilizing this new feature:
    Code:
    if %1 == standby goto :standby
    if %1 == wakeup goto :wakeup
    goto :end

:standby
    devcon disable ...

:wakeup
    devcon restart ...
    sleep 15

:end
    This feature is available in SVN snapshots starting from revision# 13557.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Love you scoop, it works :)

I edited your batch file to the following and this1 works for me:

Code:
    if %1 == standby goto :standby
    if %1 == wakeup goto :wakeup

:standby
    devcon disable *1131
    wait 2
    devcon disable *1131

:wakeup
    devcon enable *1131
    wait 2
    devcon enable *1131
    wait 15 

:end

You will need the tool "wait.exe", which can be downloaded here: http://www.bjoernhenke.de/frame.htm?/wait/index.de.htm

Further you will need the devcon tool, which can be downloaded here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272

Have the "wait.exe", "devcon.exe" and the batch file (code above or attached file) in the same directory and point to the "tt-driver.bat" in the PowerScheduler Plugin under the "Advanced" tab.

Next step is to find out how far i can decrease the "wait-time" :)

Regards, Muldini

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Thanks Muldini for the detailed report. Good to see we've got some result at last! :D

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom