Technotrend CT-3650 USB+CI (2 Viewers)

lostguy

September 28, 2009
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, so I hope I'm at the right place. I have recently bought a Technotrend CT-3650 USB+CI (with an Astoncrypt cam) that works great (tuner + cam support) with the Media Center provided by Technotrend. However, it doesn't seem to work with MediaPortal (version 1.0 or 1.1 Beta). In 1.1 I have the CI tag there but no way to read the card (rights...). In 1.0, I just enable the CAM for the DVB-C tuner but I cannot find any channel anyway. The MediaPortal site mentions that the Technotrend card is supported starting with a given driver version. I have the latest USB driver version (at least I think so !) which does not seem to correspond to the driver version reported on the compatibility page from the MediaPortal site. So my question is : is my box supported or not ? Am I doing something wrong ?

BTW, I'm from Belgium (Voo provider) and cannot find any list of supported frequencies and modulations (dvbc file). Is there a way to find such a list somewhere ? What's the easiest way to scan everything so I'm sure I'm not missing something ?

Driesser

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also have the same decoder. Its works fine by me. Installed the latest driver, dba, (not the software) with the "apparatenbeheer" in windows 7 (also had XP, worked good). If you startup Mediaportal TV server setup You schould see the tv server. There you can give in that it had a CAM module in it.

But for me the Technotrend also has a down site, sometimes it doesn't decode the channel and gives a error. When I reboot everything is working again. I Think it has something to do with howe many channels the CAM can decoded at once.

For the transponders in Belgium I can't help you. Maybe you can search the rest of this forum.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    use driver 1.0.2.20!

Hi,

just spend the whole weekend reinstalling MediaPortal. Was running a multi-seat setup but decided that I want my server to run Linux so TV Server had to 'move' to one of the clients.
    This also meant moving my TT CT3650CI to a new computer.
    Had a lot of instability problems running MP 1.1 Beta + SVN in combination with my TT: weird because it had been running rock stable for several month in MP 1.0.2 multi seat setup.

problems where:
    * channels scrambled although CI should unscramble
    * radio not working (because scrambled)
    * pop-up message 'unknown error'
    * CI menu pop-up saying scrambled -> hanging MP

So what I did was revert my TT driver back from 1.0.3.8 (latest on the website) to 1.0.2.20 (available on CD).
    the old version was also the version I was running in my old setup and I had tried to upgrade that one once but remembered that I had to revert back due to instability issues.

Guess what? no problems what so ever!
    I'm able to play radio, switch channels, record, timeshift etc. without a glitch!

So think before using the new driver, (for me) the old one is better!

regards,
    Ruud.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ruud:

can you please upload the driver versions 1.0.2.20? I have the BDA 1.4.4.2 from the website, which are from the same date as the 1.0.3.8 drivers.

Unfortunately, i can't find the product CD. I would be very appreciated, if you could upload the "old" version.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Ruud:

can you please upload the driver versions 1.0.2.20? I have the BDA 1.4.4.2 from the website, which are from the same date as the 1.0.3.8 drivers.

Unfortunately, i can't find the product CD. I would be very appreciated, if you could upload the "old" version.

Hi,

you've got a PM ;)

regards,
    Ruud.

ulischultz

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I installed the device with the driver version 1.0.2.20 from the CD. I did not install any of the other programs on the CD.
    In MediaPortal Server Configuration, the Card is not displayed under my TV-Server.
    Whats wrong here? Can someone help please??

Driesser

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Its hard to help you without knowing what king of OS you use.

I run Windows 7 with the 1.0.2.20 driver (got it from Ruud). I use MP RC1.
    Everything runs smooth. I recall some problems in the time I used it with Windows XP but I don't know if it was XP or a bad driver issue.

When we can help let us know

ulischultz

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried it on WIN2008 Server.
    Now I have it running on WIN7 with the 1.0.2.20 driver and everything works as it should.
    Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom