Technotrend TT-connect CT-3650 (1 Viewer)

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    The question is still relevant, so if someone has got this card working perfectly, please let us know how!

I'm using the cable side of this card. Terrestial is disabled. I also use 4therecord as a TV-server, which seemed to work better than the Mediportal TV-server. I only recently found out that you can use the card in stop-mode or pause-mode. I have now put the card in stop-mode, but I don't know, whether it affects the 4therecord at all.

The problem I have with this card, is that encrypted channels work very randomly. Most of the time I get a "scrambled channel"-message. This seems to be a well know fact according to this:

Technotrend - MediaPortal Wiki

The card seems to work quite well with DVBViewer, so can this be a problem with Mediaportal or is it still a driver problem?

I didn't see any new drivers in here

I didn't post any logs at this point, since I first want to see, if there is anyone that has got this card working perfectly.

Any replys will be much appreciated. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi FrankDrebin

The question is still relevant, so if someone has got this card working perfectly, please let us know how!
    The question is *definitely* relevant. It is not hard to find threads with people mentioning problems getting a "channel is scrambled" message or having the CAM stop descrambling...

I'm using the cable side of this card. Terrestial is disabled. I also use 4therecord as a TV-server, which seemed to work better than the Mediportal TV-server. I only recently found out that you can use the card in stop-mode or pause-mode. I have now put the card in stop-mode, but I don't know, whether it affects the 4therecord at all.
    I'm confused - are you using Argus or TV Server with the 4tr plugin?

The problem I have with this card, is that encrypted channels work very randomly. Most of the time I get a "scrambled channel"-message. This seems to be a well know fact according to this:

Technotrend - MediaPortal Wiki

The card seems to work quite well with DVBViewer, so can this be a problem with Mediaportal or is it still a driver problem?
    Like I said, I have seen several threads with people experiencing problems. I asked for logs to try to find out what was going wrong but nobody responded. There is also this thread. Hopefully Joe responds to the bump...

I didn't post any logs at this point, since I first want to see, if there is anyone that has got this card working perfectly.
    I don't think there is a "magic" fix for the card. *Please* post logs with a clear description of the test you performed and the problem you experienced so I have a chance to do something about the issues. I'm not making promises that I can resolve it, but I don't have any chance without logs...

mm
    :)

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi FrankDrebin

Hello mm and thanks for the quick reply. :)

I'm confused - are you using Argus or TV Server with the 4tr plugin?
    Argus. Sorry, at this point I was way over my head. I didn't realize that one can use either one with 4therecord. But for the sake of this testing, I uninstalled 4therecord and I'm in the process of scanning channels with the Mediaportal TV-server. Logs will follow shortly.

Oh c'mon! This is not fair! Now that I have uninstalled 4therecord and scanned channels using the Mediaportal TV-server, I can't get the "scrambled channel" message to appear. :oops: I'm right now in the debug-mode in Mediaportal. I will continue testing. Even the channel changing time is now fast even with the encrypted channels.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh c'mon! This is not fair! Now that I have uninstalled 4therecord and scanned channels using the Mediaportal TV-server, I can't get the "scrambled channel" message to appear. :oops: I'm right now in the debug-mode in Mediaportal. I will continue testing. Even the channel changing time is now fast even with the encrypted channels.

Well, I'll try to keep an eye on this thread in case the problems pop up again.

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Well, I'll try to keep an eye on this thread in case the problems pop up again.

Thanks! Maybe the "stop-mode" did something to improve this situation. I might do some testing on that. And for those people that have this same card: I'm using the 1.0.2.20 driver version. Will try the 1.0.3.8 at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom