Techotrend DVB S2 3200 with CI working on CanalDigitaal (Dutch) (1 Viewer)

cvonken

June 15, 2007
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
Windows Version: XP pro
CPU Type: Athlon 3200
Memory: 1 GB
Video Card: NVidea GeForce 600 LE
1. TV Card: Technotrend DVB-S2 3200
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.4.10.18
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digitaal
CI: Aston + canaldigitaal smartcard

Hi all,

Yesterday I got my Technotrend 3200 DVB-S card working, along with the Aston CI CAM module and a smartcard from Canal Digitaal.
I can watch the usual Dutch channels now: Ned1/2/3, RTL4, 5, 6 and 7, Net5, SBS6 and Veronica. :D
It took me some while before this configuration worked in MP, so I thought I would share it with you how I did it.

At first I had a lot of trouble getting all satellite channels to be scanned: about 30% of the scan process the MP config crashed. This was a known problem with the 4.4 driver of Technotrend.
In this forum I found a solution for this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/dvb_s_setup_crash-t23712.html?t=23712&highlight=dvbfix.rar
So now the scanning of channels goes ok.

However, I found out that this tweak does not do the CI module any good.
Only free-to-air channels seem to be available in MP then.

So, now that the satellite channels are known to MP, I uninstalled the TT drivers, rebooted and then installed the Technotrend 4.4 drivers again, overwritting the files that fixed the scanning problem (see above).
Then I ran MP again and all encrypted channels that need my smartcard work now!

One glitch though: it's not that stable somehow. When I close MP, do 'some stuff' and restart MP again and go the the same encrypted channel again, it will stay black.

Closing it, starting and closing the provided Technotrend BDA-APP and starting MP again is a work around, but a very long one :(
Perhaps someone can shine some light on this?

Cheers,

Cyril

spiderman

Portal Member
July 11, 2006
Limburg
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey,

Great job man.

Do you have also the Dutch epg running?
If yes, can you explain how did you do that?

Greetz,
Spiderman

dutch1974

August 23, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
One glitch though: it's not that stable somehow. When I close MP, do 'some stuff' and restart MP again and go the the same encrypted channel again, it will stay black.

Closing it, starting and closing the provided Technotrend BDA-APP and starting MP again is a work around, but a very long one :(
Perhaps someone can shine some light on this?

Cheers,

Cyril

Same TT card, same channels, same country and same problems here ;-(

Did you find any way yet to get this card running more stable?

cvonken

June 15, 2007
I did not manage to make it more stable so far.
I'm building a new HTPC in the next few weeks, I'll try MP and MCE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom