Television picture not filling full screen (1 Viewer)

Fedaj

December 15, 2007
TV-Server Version: Not using it, AFAIK.
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
Windows Version: Windows XP SP 2
CPU Type: C2D e6600
HDD: Seagate 250GB SATA+WD 250GB SATA
Memory: 2048 MB DDR2 800 Geil Ultra
Motherboard: Asus P5B-V
Motherboard Chipset: Intel G965
Motherboard Bios: 1102
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB
Video Card Driver: 163.71
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4
Sound Card AC3: +
Sound Card Driver: 2-09-0016
1. TV Card: Avermedia 777
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 6.0.7.07041901
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
Satelite/CableTV Provider: N/A
HTPC Case: N/A
Cooling: Asus Silent Square + 2x120mm Case Fans + 90mm Case Fan+RAM Heatsinks.
Power Supply: Enermax Liberty 500
Remote: Avermedia
TV: Using the computer's monitor, DELL WFP 3007-HC
TV - HTPC Connection: N/A

First and foremost, hello and thanks for any help anyone can provide me here. I've installed and configured MediaPortal, and when trying to watch televisión, when I go to full screen, the picture doesn't cover the whole screen. In fact, it doesn't even change size at all, remaining at whatever dimensions it was when windowed. The picture relocates to the top-left corner of the screen, and the remaining part of it stays black.

I guess it's something I've overlooked on the configuration, but after searching back and forth in the dialog, I seem to be unable to find it. A search on these forums didn't turn up any related topic, though it's possible that I didn't come up with the right search terms.

Has anyone any idea what can be causing this?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I have no idea what is causing it.

In MP Configuration, under the Television part, you will see "Default zoom mode". What is the setting there? What is the effect if you change it to "Stretch"?

Fedaj

December 15, 2007
    Sorry to be so late to answer, busy weekend. I started at normal, and then tried each and every possibility. Although it changes the image, like if I was changing the aspect ratio, it remains at more or less the same size. Looks like mediaportal keeps the viewport a sixth of the screen, and the options just change how the image is rendered on that sixth, although the rest of the screen goes black when I switch to full-screen, meaning the MP at least tries to really do it.

However, if I drag the corner of the window to resize it in windowed mode, the image does resize. It takes an unholy amount of time (as does going to full-screen, as well), but eventually happens. But I don't think I'm supposed to do that, am I?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    If I understand his reply correctly, he did indeed already try "normal" without success.
    I out of ideas. Maybe you should attch a log file. One of the experts can maybe pick up something there.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Isn't the problem the same one that there's always been? ie you can't go between windowed and fullscreen modes with the mp gui while watching live tv. It's a known bug. Try stopping tv before going full screen then start tv again.

Fedaj

December 15, 2007
    Ok, seems like I solved it through Nemulate's suggestion. Seems it was the skin (Blue Two Wide), because even outside "My TV", when resizing it would just resize the fonts and cramp everything on the same space as before going fullscreen (real fullscreen zion22, through options->fullscreen :) ). Changing the skin to the default Blue two lets me do the fullscreen dance just right :D, although it still takes a bit of time - but it's just fine. Thanks for your help, everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom