Telldus Technologies Tellstick net support? (1 Viewer)

K405

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Recently I bought a Tellstick net version to be able to control my RF 433MHz light switches from my computer/tablet/smartphone. (Maybe I should have done a bit more research before getting the net version. :()

The only way to control the switches is by connecting to the Telldus Live! internet API service through a client. I have tried searching for something which MePo could handle but unfortunately I couldn't find anything 'easy'. I did find cmdlets for windows powershell created by member c8h10n4o2 over at the Telldus windows support forum which work well.

Anyone here any tips and tricks or even a smart solution for controlling my lights with Tellstick net from MePo? :rolleyes: :whistle: :)

liteglow

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    any update on this ?
    Tellstick is a extremly nice product, and we need support for it into Mediaportal !

Is it possible to make a script\plugIN into mediaportal where you can Log in to tellstick.live and send commands directly there ?
    That would be a super easy plugin and no need to add more USB gateway into the HTPC.

if nothing of above: is there today a working Tellstick plugin for mediaportal ? I cant seem to find it on the plugin section .

thank you all for help.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure it is quite what you are looking for but there is an event ghost plugin for telldus and event ghost plus for mediaportal

http://developer.telldus.se/wiki/Using the EventGhost web server

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/input-output/eventghostplus

I used to have this to control the lights when a movie is started or bring them back up when it is paused etc.

Here is a slightly outdated wiki page which I think predates eventghostplus, but I remember using it years ago to get my setup working:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/15_Customization/Home_Automation

(Just realised you are running the net version of Telldus. I had the Telldus usb stick and hence could use the Event Ghost plugins. Not sure if the Event Ghost plugin can send commands to the net version)

Last edited:

liteglow

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    ah sorry, I consider buying net but I will get the Duo.
    So I will check out the link later.

wish there was a gui inside mediaportal.

K405

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure it is quite what you are looking for but there is an event ghost plugin for telldus and event ghost plus for mediaportal

[SNIP]

(Just realised you are running the net version of Telldus. I had the Telldus usb stick and hence could use the Event Ghost plugins. Not sure if the Event Ghost plugin can send commands to the net version)

It's in the freaking subject of the topic..
    Telldus Technologies Tellstick net support? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom