Ten Foot Browser and Utilities (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    pirlone - I thought that is what you were doing. Yes, I agree that a plugin would be great but it needs to have the mini-viewer so whatever was being watched previously can be viewed and watched while looking up information online!

AndyH

Portal Member
    February 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've deliberately decided to develop the Ten Foot products the way I have so that I can use them regardless of which media centre software I'm using (I use two at the moment) - or if I'm not using any at all.

Personally, I don't miss being able to view TV while browsing. I prefer to have the whole screen devoted to the web page. Note, however, you can continue to listen to broadcasts, music, etc while browsing. That means you can use the products during ad breaks and return to watching when they're over.

Another benefit is that you can switch backwards and forwards between MP and the products without losing your place. So, when the next ad break comes up you can pick up exactly where you left off.

BTW version 2 is now available. It adds an Email reader to the Ten Foot utilities as well as incorporating several improvements including a fix for the problem using Zoom in versions of IE prior to IE7.

Andy

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Andy, is this a beta phase and you're going to charge for the stuff later? No offense, I'm just curious, as you are a registered company (that naturally has to do something to earn money). If so, it would be nice to let people know, that would be just fair.
    If you're doing this just for fun and wanna keep the give-away-idea, I didn't say a word. Maybe even Open Source would be an option for you? ;)

AndyH

Portal Member
    February 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No, I don't intend to charge. There's nothing sinister going on. Constructive IT Advice is what we call in the UK a 'Personal Service Company'. So the company and I are virtually indistinguishable. If an opportunity comes up to leverage media centre expertise in the future, I have something to demonstrate.

CITA provides a popular RSS reader and has done so for a couple of years. It's still completely free and no adware or malware is included.

Not sure about open source. Personally, I prefer the buzz of delivering enhancements people have asked for. Having other people do the development wouldn't be the same thing.

Andy

jarreboum

Portal Member
    March 2, 2007
    Hi, it seems that Girder does not work with the Ten Foot Browser.

When the target is set to "Send to foreground task", the controls work normally, but I can't target only TenFootBrowser.exe. Which is annoying because some actions shared by one remote control button are not the same in different applications.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    pirlone,
    Haven't tried it yet with 10' Browser, but the "My Programs" plug-in should let you call up any external program from MePo.

HooX

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm using the remote to power off and on mediaportal and have the ten foot browser behind.
    So when mp is closedi can see ten foot broswer and power on mp i can see mp..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom