Terratec USB HID receiver - how to setup? (1 Viewer)

Eso Rimmer

Portal Member
November 11, 2008
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi I would like to use USB receiver from Terratec 2400i DT card because the imon one sucks. But I'm unable to run Terratec Remote Editor (TTTvRc.exe) on Vista 64bit. When I try to run the exe Vista gives me this error message:

It says something about not being able to run it because of wrong configuration of something...

So is there any other way how to get it working with MP? I tried to set it as MCE and general hid with extended logging but MP doesn't seem to be registering commands from the receiver at all. Only thing which works is Power button so I can power up/down the HTPC.

Is there any easy solution how to setup MP to get it working? Thanks.

Here is some info about the receiver from file Src.HID.xml which is inside Terratec folder:

Name: TerraTec USB Receiver, v.1: AT Electronic
HidSource Vid="0x0419"
Pid="0x0001"
HidType="1"
RcType="0x00000080"
Timeout="5000"
UsagePage="0xFFCC"

"Vid" - Vendor ID (USB or PCI)
"Pid" - Product ID (USB) / Device ID (PCI)
"HidType" - HID input device type (e.g. driver family) possible values are listed below
"RcType" - the remote control that is used with this device possible values are listed below
"Timeout" - timeout im msec after which a HID read request is aborted must be less than 100 msec for devices that don't send key up events
"UsagePage" - HID Usage Page of the HID device on which the IR commands are transmitted should usually be 0xFFCC
"Name" - name of the hardware device
Name="TerraTec USB IR"

Eso Rimmer

Portal Member
November 11, 2008
Home Country
I found the TTTvRc.exe works OK on my second PC with vista 64b when I installed it before MediaPortal. The problem must be either collision of imon soft and terratec or it has something to do with MS Visual C++ 2005 because I noticed terratec installs or configure this during it's setup.

But I noticed another "problem". While using terratec receiver the input signals are not repeated so I can't move in menus by holding the button. But in TTTvRc.exe utility the repeating interval is set so I don't understand why don't do that.

magnil

Portal Member
April 5, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Where can I find TTTvRC.exe?

Is there any other way to make the Terratec USB IR reciever work with Mediaportal and Logitech Harmony remote?

Eso Rimmer

Portal Member
November 11, 2008
Home Country
I don't understand what you mean. The TTTvRc.exe is part of Terratec software and you can see where it's placed on the pic from first post. I ended with Harmony set as MCE remote together with iMON. Works ok after complete custom remapping of buttons in Harmony and iMON. Even the front VFD panel finaly works with MP's display plugin. The only drawback is weaker IR receiver compared to Terratec's one. I think it's becase wrong placement of IR sensor in Antec Fusion's case.

magnil

Portal Member
April 5, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Sorry, I thought TTTvRc was a driver or something to get the Terratec IR reciever to work in Vista/Mediaportal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom