Test: FLVSplitter special build for HTTP Streams (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have taken the most current FLVSplitter source and modified it a little, so it supports reading MetaData from an FLV stream. This will give a directshow graph playing a downloading flv file (every http:// ....flv that has MetaData) the chance to display the position and total length. It will even allow skipping :) But remember, it is playing a file that is not fully downlaoded yet, so if you skip ahead of where the current download has progressed, your screen will freeze until data for that position is available.

If testing goes well, I can submit this patch to the MPC-HC team so maybe they include in in their official releases, or I could deploy this splitter with OnlineVideos MPEI.

How to use the attached file?
    Unzip it anywhere on your pc, run a command prompt (as admin) and:
    regsvr32 FLVSplitter.ax
    After that startup MediaPortal OnlineVideos and play some flvs (e.g. from youtube) and watch how your OSD now knows the video length and progress bar shows your current playing position :)

Happy testing!

Attachments

• FLVSplitter.zip
      30.6 KB
    • FLVSplitterWithDurationFromMetaData.patch
      30.7 KB

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    if there are no problem in doing so, it would be nice to get it in onlinevideos mpei.

if finally its included in MPC-HC then remove it in future releases.

thanks a lot for this, ill test it this afternoon.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Test: FLVSplitter special build for HTTP Streams

I have taken the most current FLVSplitter source and modified it a little, so it supports reading MetaData from an FLV stream. This will give a directshow graph playing a downloading flv file (every http:// ....flv that has MetaData) the chance to display the position and total length. It will even allow skipping :) But remember, it is playing a file that is not fully downlaoded yet, so if you skip ahead of where the current download has progressed, your screen will freeze until data for that position is available.

If testing goes well, I can submit this patch to the MPC-HC team so maybe they include in in their official releases, or I could deploy this splitter with OnlineVideos MPEI.

How to use the attached file?
    Unzip it anywhere on your pc, run a command prompt (as admin) and:
    regsvr32 FLVSplitter.ax
    After that startup MediaPortal OnlineVideos and play some flvs (e.g. from youtube) and watch how your OSD now knows the video length and progress bar shows your current playing position :)

Happy testing!

Hi offbyone,

if this works fine, it would be nice to integrate it into SAF, because I think a lot of people use SAF for their HTPCs. Otherwise installing SAF would probably break the splitter installed ny Onlinevideos - and viceversa...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Works for me too!

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Skipping doesn't work here at all (forward, backward), Win XP with MP 1.1.. I have the video length tho..

Edit: spoke a bit too soon, skipping starts to work after whole video is loaded only.. But if i try to skip (backwards) when video is loading MediaPortal freezes (locks) until it's buffered completely..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom