Test: FLVSplitter special build for HTTP Streams (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your are correct, if it would be possible to detect from within MePo, I'd have already added it.
    If at all, this can only be done by the splitter filter (I think). My try at explaining:
    1. The % buffered is no direct indication to what exact time the file is downloaded -> it is only the % of BYTES downloaded compared to the total that was reported by the HTTP server hosting the file. The source filter reports the number of bytes (and I calculate the % from there) and doesn't know anything about the content.
    2. The splitter is the first filter that knows anything about the contents of the file, so the actual playback length, taken from the metadata.
    3. I don't know enough about direct show filter implementation :( Maybe it would be possible to modify the FLVSplitter further, to react on the skip event and only skip to the last available timestamp. But this would better be a task for the MPC-HC devs.

r3p00

Portal Member
    November 19, 2010
    yep perfectly ...
    just added the FLVSplitter.ax to a dir of my choosing....
    but perform the 'regsvr32 FLVSplitter.ax' with admin dosbox at the location where the FLVSplitter.ax is located
    checking the onlinevideos plugin reveiled that flv was checked with the right program
    and opening MP v1.1.1 => webvideos => played perfectly

just what i was looking for, since i did not feel to leave my coreavd + ac3filter behind.
    those two codecs are the only ones i use, and give the best viewing/sound result with the less cpu usage.

many thanks for the FLVSplitter.ax file

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yep perfectly ...
    just added the FLVSplitter.ax to a dir of my choosing....
    but perform the 'regsvr32 FLVSplitter.ax' with admin dosbox at the location where the FLVSplitter.ax is located
    checking the onlinevideos plugin reveiled that flv was checked with the right program
    and opening MP v1.1.1 => webvideos => played perfectly

just what i was looking for, since i did not feel to leave my coreavd + ac3filter behind.
    those two codecs are the only ones i use, and give the best viewing/sound result with the less cpu usage.

many thanks for the FLVSplitter.ax file

Hi what version of FLV-Splitter do you have installed?

Thank you for info.:confused:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am closing this thread as the splitter posted here is now superceeded by the LAV Splitter, which will be installable with the next Version of OnlineVideos.
    Thanks for testing and I hope this splitter did help a few people ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom