[Test] Plugin voice remote controle (1 Viewer)

guilhem

Portal Member
April 2, 2006
France
Just before starting explanation, i'm french, so i made a full description of this plugin in the french forum : http://www.mp-fr.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2337 .

This plugin, is an integrated plugin which can control MP by voice as a remote control. Actually, it's just a test to look if the recognition work correctly. And in this case, i'll make a more complete plugin with parameters.

It works on CVS version of 01 april 2006.

Installation

First, you need the Speech recognition engines , you can find here : http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/downloads/user.asp

or directly the exe file : http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/contr...ent2/actcnc.exe

Second, install the exe.

Third, download the plugin : http://guilhem.travail.free.fr/telecommande.vocale.0.0.0.1.zip

When you unzip this file, you will find 2 files :

- Interop.ACTIVELISTENPROJECTLib.dll : to place in MediaPortal directory
- TelecommandeVocale.dll : to place in plugins/process/ directory

So, You have just to start MP. The plugin open a popup to show that it is activated.

Command

At the moment only this commands are recognized :
- "tv up" : key up
- "tv down" : key down
- "tv right" : key right
- "tv left" : key left
- "tv enter " : key enter
- "tv back" : key esc

So, to continue, i need to know if there isn't a similar plugin (i don't find), if thisplugin work correctly in particular the voice recognition and all others suggestions to make this plugin.

Thanks, Have fun.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Good Plugin.

There was another plugin a while ago that used the MS Excel voice system, but it never really worked properly, since Excel needed focus to operate.

I've experimented with other systems but never had seamless integration. A Plugin sounds like a great project.
    I'm away from home at the moment, but will be sure to try this out when I get back home.

Thanks and keep up the good work :)

guilhem

Portal Member
    April 2, 2006
    France
    There was another plugin a while ago that used the MS Excel voice system, but it never really worked properly, since Excel needed focus to operate.

Yes, it is quite the same and i inspire on it.

But i prefer an integrated plugin so .... i try it

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Here's my 2 cents.

With any kind of voice recognition there is always the chance that the software will recognize the wrong words at the wrong time.

Imagine you're recording a TV show you've waited to see for ages and all of a sudden, MP misinterprets a conversation you're having in your living room thinking you said STOP RECORDING.

Might be a good idea to have a key word which the plugin waits for before it accepts any additional commands.

Something like saying "MediaPortal" and then the commands you want. There should also be a timeout like 10 seconds or so that it waits for a command before needing the key word to accept commands again.

Hope this makes sense. :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Khris - You mean like in Star Trek - The Next Generation TV series when someone submitted a query or a command to the computer they would always (not in all episodes - because they didn't keep the logic clean) precede the actual command with the word "computer" - Is that what you are talking about?

Mike

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I think that goes without saying.
    In the original post I think it's safe to assume that "TV" is the word that is currently configured. That works for me for a testing phase and ideally you'd hope that it would be user configurable when the final version is released.

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Voice recognition plugin would be realy great :D
    I love star-trek and it has inpired me.

I have voice recognition on my server, so if I say "romantic mode" it dims the x10 lamp of mine and the htpc plays romantic music.

What I need to make voice recognition useful is a bluetooth 2.0 headsett, but it is a bit expensive now.

But if you just configure enough you could almost become a jean-luc pickard :) calling, diming lights ask for weather, news and control your wonderful mediaportal. All this just with your whireless headsett. Works a 100 meters away I think.
    It`s just about being creative. Your fantasy is almost the only limitation.

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    mzemina said:
    Khris - You mean like in Star Trek - The Next Generation TV series when someone submitted a query or a command to the computer they would always (not in all episodes - because they didn't keep the logic clean) precede the actual command with the word "computer" - Is that what you are talking about?

Mike

You're exactly right! :)

I think that way you could generalize a lot of commands like "Up", "Down", etc, instead of "TV Up" etc. "UP" could be related to whatever screen you're currently on instead of having to say "TV Up" or "Music Up" for example.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Khris said:
    mzemina said:

Mike

You're exactly right! :)

I think that way you could generalize a lot of commands like "Up", "Down", etc, instead of "TV Up" etc. "UP" could be related to whatever screen you're currently on instead of having to say "TV Up" or "Music Up" for example.

Then the next step would be audio sound feedback (using Majel Barrett Roddenberry - sound clips) for each command - that would be cool! Yes - I know... Not permitted due to copyright. But it still would be cool!

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    mzemina said:
    Then the next step would be audio sound feedback (using Majel Barrett Roddenberry - sound clips) for each command - that would be cool! Yes - I know... Not permitted due to copyright. But it still would be cool!

*In his best Scotty voice from Star Trek IV:
    "Hello Computer"

"WORKING"

"Volume Up"

"WORKING"

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom