Testing DVB-T h264 for Norway (1 Viewer)

royne

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Asker
Home Country
Norway Norway
Testing DVB-T h264 for Norway
In most of Norway’s NTV and Riks-TV is up and running with h264/MPEG4
3 month ago I tried Haupauge HVR-4000 (dvb-t and dvb-s2, and CI interface, Viasat, Riks-TV, DVBViewer Pro, and MediaPortal, I gave it up.
One week ago, I received 2 cards, FloppyDTV-dvb-t and FloppyDTV-dvb-s2. And guess what! I’m really satisfied with MediaPortal and FloppTDV, and the WAF factor has increased a lot.
1. CAM with Viasat subscription, works on all channels.
2. DiseqC works with MP and FloppyDVB.
3. TV-Subtitles, Works.
4. All buttons on Microsoft Remote Control, works perfect, without a lot off button assignments or learning function.
5. Norwegian EPG for all channels, for 14 days, and with logos for most off the channels.
6 OSD works almost as good as in MS MediaCenter.
(With DVBViewer I’m not satisfied with 4, 5 or 6)
I still have some problem with stability, and guess this is caused by codecs etc, and I think I will get even more stability problems with the special codecs used for video and sound in Norwegian dvb-t.

I’m thinking of start testing Riks-TV((h264), FloppyDTV DVB-T. So I ask if anyone else is interested in this?, and if someone from the development team is interested to give some ekstra support?.

Thanks a lot, all of you, working hard with this project, you deserve a donation.
DONATE HERE!
and Here for the good Norwegian EPG support

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hei!

Very interested, off course! (I guess ronlise (MP tester) is as well!
    There are currently no Norwegian devs, but we have gathered some info about audio codecs that works or should work with the FTA channels.

The problem is the encrypted channels... no solution yet... and none in sight (?)

royne

Portal Member
    January 4, 2007
    Asker
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hei!

It shuold be possible to solve the problem with sound and video, this is done for other software.
    But what is the problem with using a ConaxCAM with a subscription card from Riks-TV for the encrypted channels?
    Is Riks-Tv using the same encryption system as Telenor Canal Digital in Norway?

royne

Portal Member
    January 4, 2007
    Asker
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks, it looks like we have to wait some time, for the encrypten RIks-TV chanels on PC. I dont think i will spend time on getteing just the free channnels to work on DVB-t.

When annyone have been able to to watch encrypted RiksTV channels with a DVB-T card, pls give som information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom