text vanishing in Blue3 and Blue3 wide (1 Viewer)

loqk

Portal Member
December 15, 2010
Hi.

here in Australia, we are now up to 16 channels. scrolling down in the tv guide is confusing because, when you scroll to the bottom, it immediately jumps to the top of the list of channels, but when you scroll up, nothing happens.

to allow this to be used by my parents on the tv server i have set up for them, i have reduced the line size in "Channel template" so that all 16 channels fit on one page. i have also reduced the font size in the fonts file so that all fonts are height 10.

this fits well and displays well on the plasma tv, but i am having a strange problem with text in the program names and program descriptions vanishing.

up to about 14 channels fitting, i see no problems.

as soon as i get to about 16 channels fitting, when i mouseover some of the program names in the tv guide, all the names vanish from the screen

this only seems to happen in fullscreen mode.

does anyone know why this happens, and what i can change so my parents can use media portal without having to call me to come fix it?

loqk

Portal Member
December 15, 2010
it seems to be directly related to the information in the description area. when i shrink the description to 10 points, the display is only occasionally blanked while moving the mouse pointer over various program names.

it seems to change as the description begins to scroll, with varying levels of blanking as the text scrolls.

this is with current stable version of mediaportal, not with the new one still in process

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi :)

Sorry, I can not help you with the vanishing text.

But:
    scrolling down in the tv guide is confusing because, when you scroll to the bottom, it immediately jumps to the top of the list of channels, but when you scroll up, nothing happens.
    The behaviour you referred to, was very recently fixed by developer ajp8164.
    See this quote from mantis:
    Implemented scroll up to loop back to bottom in the same way scroll down loops back to the top.
    The guide will stop at the bottom while holding the remote button down. If you then let go of the button and press it again the guide will reposition to the top (wrapping around).

loqk

Portal Member
    December 15, 2010
    ooh, the scrolling thing is good news :)

i took the plunge and installed 1.1.2 on every computer on the network. it took about 5 hours to get everything back to looking good, but the disappearing text is no longer a problem :)

the export data function is a great new feature. i'd read about it a while ago, and was very happy to use it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom