Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Zebons!

Big Thanks for your work! But will the development of MyFilms still go on, or is 4.8.0c the final version?

Best regards

Helios

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi guys ! i thing we will need to look for some other option ....
    i was talking with fforde long time ago ,abut to have the option to import xml file to movivng picture ,and he say it is in futre plan ,
    and will tack long time ... as you all know moving picture 1.0 beta is out and have the option to import my movie ,and xbmc file's ..

now i say what abut My filems ,the file is xml and i thing can mack a script to convert it to moving picture ,,,
    i will ask fforde if thay can do somting abut it ,but as i guss the moving picture team are to busy ...
    but also in our comunity have meny guys that can do it , we just need to find them ..

then will be prity simple to move all the data from my films to moving picture ...

i thing it can be down...:)

Edit : so i ask fforde and he reply ... so what you guys thing ?

Hi ysmp,

If the MyFilms database is stored in a consistent location it would not be too hard to create a MyFilms scraper script right now I think. The scraper engine for Moving Pictures is capable of opening files on the local file system and parsing XML. The only problem would be the path the the My Films database. If this is different for many people it might be tricky. You should post this idea in the forum; I think our team would be happy to create such a script for you but we are pretty busy trying to get 1.0 as stable as possible right now so it might get delayed for a bit.

If you want to make a formal enhancement request, we will schedule it for the next major release (1.1).

-- John

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I tried MoPics and found it very slow in comparison to MyFilms. If I had the choice, I would currently stay with myfilms - having centralized database, fast access, flexible search and configuration and easy scripting etc. all in place. I think for people starting from zero, MoPics is an impressive, easy and preferrable solution, for users not willing to deal with lot's of components (AMC-DB, myfilms-plugin & AMC-importer).
    If zebons would have gone completely and someday myfilms would stop working, this would be a nice migrationpath for current myfilms users...

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Even if MyFilms development was stopped here, a lot of time would have to pass for MovingPictures to be 1/10 of useful and satisfactority than MF

mattroby

Portal Pro
    June 3, 2006
    Florida
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Even if MyFilms development was stopped here, a lot of time would have to pass for MovingPictures to be 1/10 of useful and satisfactority than MF

While I would love to see MF development continue (who knows?) I agree that MP would need an incredible amount of work to come close to the flexibility and usefulness of MF; my opinion of course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread