Ongoing the ghetto mp/home theatre challenge!! (1 Viewer)

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
i challenge anyone out their to beat my current 'home theatre' for absolutely crappiness at the moment. :wink:

ghetto.jpg

ok, so i'm cheating a little because we're renovating the living room and all our furniture from there is currently jammed in the 'home theatre' (aka... the spare room :p).

but i DO have:
- a tv which is smaller than my laptop screen, on loan from my parents. the remote control got lost years ago, so the only way to switch it onto the av input is using a broken pda (screen doesn't work) running universal remote software.
- one of the ugliest pc cases in existence, which is so ugly i can't even be bothered screwing the side of it back on
- a home made spdif connector i made by tearing apart my old dvd player (it wouldn't read discs most of the time. you had to sit there ejecting and reinserting the disc for about half an hour before you could watch a movie. this also explains why the waf is suprisingly high for the current setup - at least movies start first time :p). i ripped out an rca connector from the back of the dvd player and soldered together a motherboard->spdif cable from it.

so i challenge anyone out there to beat me in home-theatre-ghettoness
:twisted: :twisted:

moullas

Portal Pro
January 15, 2005
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
You forgot to mention - Distracting bright green wall behind the 2" monitor you have there :)

Come on people... PIMP THIS HTPC!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You really should change the carpet in this room to a bright orange shag. I would relly compliment the entire room! ROTFL

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Paranoid Delusion said:
    And no problem with the cooling of the HTPC then. :lol:

As long as the dirty clothes pile doesn't get too close to it/ cover it up. :lol:

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    actually that's one of the great benefits of having no case on your computer - you can unplug all the case cooling fans and quiet the beast down a bit :p

in totally unrelated news: i spent ages last night getting my htpc to send out the on/off remote codes for my amp/tv through the mce ir blasters when my pc wakes up or suspends. after a couple of hours i got it going, then realized that it was a totally stupid idea... now when my pc wakes in the middle of the night for scheduled recordings or guide updates it turns the whole darn system on :roll:

...and to think it seemed like such a good idea at the time...

x-p-d

Portal Member
    August 3, 2006
    Hampshire, U.K
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
    i challenge anyone out their to beat my current 'home theatre' for absolutely crappiness at the moment. :wink: .....

.....so i challenge anyone out there to beat me in home-theatre-ghettoness
    :twisted: :twisted:

LOL You wait.... you just wait! I'll have the most outrageous crap PC you'll ever have seen in your life! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

I have a selection of PC's and parts i've FOUND dumped in various places - you aint ever gonna get more Street than what i'm gonna build!

(might have to wait untill the end of the month, though)

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    x-p-d said:
    LOL You wait.... you just wait! I'll have the most outrageous crap PC you'll ever have seen in your life! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

I have a selection of PC's and parts i've FOUND dumped in various places - you aint ever gonna get more Street than what i'm gonna build!

(might have to wait untill the end of the month, though)

THE CHALLENGE IS ON!!! - i can't wait to see what to see what you come up with :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom