The Green Button no longer goes to Home screen (1 Viewer)

Larzon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Equipment/setup:
    I have an iMON Veris Basic IR receiver (not Antec). This is an aftermarket device that installs in a 3.5" bay. It shows up as an HID device, a second keyboard. It is configured to use an MCE remote.

It seems very few people have this device. Initially I assumed it was the same device/software that comes OEM in various HTPC cases such as Antec... but no. For example it does not work with IR Server Suite, not even the patched "iMON version" of IRSS.

iMON Quick Launch is configured to use The Green Button (TGB, or Media Center button in iMON). Quick Launch points to MediaPortal.exe.

For over a year this setup was configured and working perfectly with MePo (1.0.2 and various 1.1 RCs). TGB started MePo, and inside MePo (viewing the TV Guide let's say), pressing TGB would take me directly to the Home screen.

Problem:
    Now I've noticed the TGB-to-Home-screen function has disappeared. (I can walk over and press "H" on other keyboard and this works as normal.) If I enable the "ding" sound in iMON, this indicates it is receiving a recognized button press, but nothing happens in MePo.

I wish I had noticed the exact moment when this behavior changed. :confused:

It may have occurred when I upgraded from 1.1 RC4 to 1.1 final, but I don't see anything in MePo change logs that would indicate such a change for TGB.

It may have occurred with an iMON update. I found something in the iMON change log regarding behavior of TGB with Windows Media Center, which made me suspicious, but when I reverted to the earlier iMON driver it did not fix the problem.

Or it could have been some setting I changed somewhere, but it seems like I have been through everything. (Seems like it.)

Anyone have an idea why this changed, or what setting to look at? I'm at a loss, not sure if issue is with iMON, MePo, or Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom