The New RC3 (1 Viewer)

wietze

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Damwoude
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've installed the new version and i can sy it works perfectly, Out of the box i did only set it like i wish and it's rock solid. the old RC2 version gave me no problems but RC3 is supurb.

Big thanks to the DEV team for this great work, and keep on going with this good work.

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can agree with wietze, great work :!:

Using skystar2 channelscann and watching tv work perfectly.

raiuga02

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Some problems with R03

1 - Pinnacle PCVT Pro does not work. Give the error "Unable to create graph for this device":
    2 - MVTV does not work.. Give the error "Unable to create graph for this device":
    3 - Sky star2: I use scan to Hispasat .MP at the end does not finish after 1 hour and I need to shut down MP.
    Other things very good.
    Thank you for your work.
    Mario

xemumanic

Portal Pro
    March 19, 2006
    East Strondsburg PA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Very nice version indeed.

One minor thing, the PCTV Rave (baiscally the Pro with mono sound) does not work. It's detected as the PCTV Pro however.

No matter, I bought a 150MCE with remote, far better and the PCTV anyway.

trosty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2004
    Zurich/Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    wietze said:
    I've installed the new version and i can sy it works perfectly, Out of the box i did only set it like i wish and it's rock solid. the old RC2 version gave me no problems but RC3 is supurb.

Thanks for the heads up - I wanted to wait for the final but maybe I give the RC3 a chance 8) .

moltas

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2005
    Sweden
    For me the RC3 is a drawback. MyTV isn't working at all. (I have posted a support request.) The parts that are working has improved though. Just thought you'd like to know before you decide to stick to RC2 or not.

/Moltas

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Hopefully on my bike.
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    moltas said:
    For me the RC3 is a drawback. MyTV isn't working at all. (I have posted a support request.) The parts that are working has improved though. Just thought you'd like to know before you decide to stick to RC2 or not.

/Moltas
    The same goes for me. Love the new layout of My Music :D but My TV is totally hosed. :cry:

I've put the error log in the General Support forum. Awaiting a response.

Gonna wait til I get some suggestions to sort it out and then revert back to RC2 if I can't get it working.

socialSavant

Portal Member
    March 21, 2006
    RC3 is a solid IMPROVEMENT

Just wanted to say that after learning the ropes via RC2, I have now updated to RC3 and have found that many things that plaqued me are cured.

I fully understand that its still Release Client 3 (NOT Final Release) of a Beta Stage Application (v.0.2...) and therefore say that I am trully impresssed with the success of Team MediaPortal's efforts to eradicate the bugs. As well as their determination to do it right the first time.

Good Job Team,
    --socialSavant

rambo

Portal Member
    March 21, 2006
    TV hosed on RC3. works on RC2. also on the relase candidates, i am from the UK. it searches for channels on cable from the netherlands. silly.

i also find switching channels takes a while and stutters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom