The official (unofficial) moaning about the delay for 0.8 release thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It will be done when it's done. We are doing work on 0.8 on almost a daily basis. We are just trying to iron out the kinks and get things as usable as possible. When we have something we think is acceptable for beta testing we will do a public release.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Just asking :)

pgjensen - FYI:
    I thought I'd better provide you some assistance...
    "Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset"
    :D

Average

Portal Member
    April 25, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, i am allso extremely eager for this release and am checking the forums daily. Cant wait for genre categories.

Just wondering is there some way to get notified by email of the .8 release? by sub scribing to a forum or something similar?

Allso quick question is there going to be the ability to rename/restructure moive files based on the MP database? I remember reading about this some where.

Thanks alot!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Allso quick question is there going to be the ability to rename/restructure moive files based on the MP database? I remember reading about this some where.
    This is planned for a future release but not 0.8. Currently it is scheduled for 1.1 but we have heard a few people asking for this lately so it's likely it will get pulled forward. Anyway, if you star the issue on our Google Code page, you will receive email updates as progress is made and/or when the issue gets rescheduled.

MrCrispy

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Since 0.8 is shaping up to be a major release, would you recommend a clean install vs upgrading? I'm asking because I have to rebuild my htpc and if you believe a clean install and rebuilding the db would be better, I'm willing to wait.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    There will be no reason to do a clean install. You should be able to upgrade fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread