The Problems Lacking of the Decoders(rm rmi,rmvb rmvbi) (1 Viewer)

jane1043

April 14, 2008
Home Country
The Problems Lacking of the Decoders(rm rmi,rmvb rmvbi)

When you convert the file, it fails to create decoder file *.rmi or does not create decoder file *.rmvbi.

The Problem’ Source:Recently not busy at all, I downloaded several blockbusters to watch; they were so impressive and classic that I am willing to enjoy them at my coming holidays. So I long for converting the films into my PSP. While using the Pavtube Video Converter which is my usually-use tool, I waited for a long time result as “failed to create decoder file *.rmi”.

I am so surprised that all the windows media player, RealPlayer and QuickTime have been installed after reinstalling my PC and it still failed to create decoder file *.rmi. Google it and find the .rmi is an audio format that can be played by windows media player. I tried to put the .rmvb format in the converter it was the same with the .rm. At last I found that rmvbi is the HD films format. So I have three guesses about these problems:

Guess1:
It may be infected by the virus, but it was impossible. I have been using the Kaspersky and AVG Anti-Spyware and scanning the related files without suspicious files at all.

Guess2:
The converter software may do not work well, so I download the total video converter . I used the trial version which is 45$ and can be tried for 15 days, failing as the 9KB file (.rm to .mp4). I also tried the Easy RealMedia Producer which is a constraining software including almost the whole codes and it is a free software. But when I played the converted file it is no sound at all. Failed again, and gave up the other programs, focusing on my own software of my computer and no result last.

Guess3:
The software may have incompatibility between. I uninstall RealPlayer and QuickTime only left the windows media player10.0, the soft reminded that it lacked of the decoder. I finally found that the cause was just the RealPlayer, for I reinstall RealPlayer and the same problem I met before happened again. It was not the Pavtube’ problem, I found, at last.
So I tried to Google for the reason of RealPlayer and got to know the version was dated and the RealOne Player was the best choice (RealPlayer+RealJukebox=RealOne), and the RealPlayer11.0 is ok as well.

Now I can enjoy the classic films on my PSP.

Conclusion: install the decoders before you use the program; find the essential reason of the problem and operate step by step.

So,i want to kwon more informations from your idea,pls help,thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom