The work on MyLyrics continues (1 Viewer)

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi all,

Due to moving and the lack of both a HTPC and a home development PC, I haven't been using MediaPortal nor visiting this forum for a while. However things have changed; we have settled down in our new house and my old Medion home PC is finally once again up running. Visual Studio is installed and hey; I'm all set to continue the work on the MyLyrics plugin! Not today, but at some point during the weekend :)

I'm quite excited about the work of the MP devs. The latter release candidates sure seems stable and packed with great functionality. To follow their most excellent work up I'll reaallyyyy soon start coding up against the latest RC3. The main focus will be on the stability and bug solving, so please report all your issues (please start a new thread for each bug for simplicity). Please always note which nightly build that you are using (if any) and a detailed description of the bug. All issues on the clean RC3 install will be considered, while bugs regarding only one or some nightly builds will be given lower priority.

Finally, if a kind soul would upload a working MyLyrics skin-file for the new Blue3 skin, that would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Søren Jørgensen

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    Hi I try your plug every now and then but...

I just tried it with rc3 but there seems to be no integration within the music player, so I had to navigate all the way to the pluyg, but when clicked it crashed.

Are there any plans to integrate it within music player as an alternative to say the swirly patterns? I presume it needs some code updating to work with rc3.

cheers

Update: I realised the mpi installer hadn't put the mylyrics.xml file in the blue3 skin folder? I manually copied it from blue2, then plug seemed to work without crashing.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi I try your plug every now and then but...

I just tried it with rc3 but there seems to be no integration within the music player, so I had to navigate all the way to the pluyg, but when clicked it crashed.

Are there any plans to integrate it within music player as an alternative to say the swirly patterns? I presume it needs some code updating to work with rc3.

cheers

Update: I realised the mpi installer hadn't put the mylyrics.xml file in the blue3 skin folder? I manually copied it from blue2, then plug seemed to work without crashing.

Hi HappyTalk,

Unfortunately it is not me to decide that wheater MyLyrics should be integrated into MP or not. It's the MP devs but I doubt that they will make it happen due to their primary focus on stability. However the skin makers, or yourself, for that matter, can make a shortcut in the Music section to MyLyrics. In that way you will hardly realize that MyLyrics is a plugin.

The Blue3 skin didn't exist when MyLyrics 1.00 was released. That explains why who manually had to copy the file to the Blue3 folder.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom