Thinking to switch to MP from Meedio...... (1 Viewer)

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hi all,

I've been using Meedio+BeyondTV for the past 4.5yrs now. and since Meedio still staying at where it was couple years ago, and is still a bit too complicated to config, I decided wanna give MP a try. however, I do have a few questions tho....

will MP let me use BeyondTV as my PVR? does it let me launch BTV from w/in MP? (in Meedio, I just create a new module to tell it to launch BTV .exe when selected)

my home's setup is more like server/client type. I have a WHS box to store all my media files, then all my HTPC (2 at the moment, will grow to 4 in the near future) just access the media file from the WHS. so, do I just point MP to the WHS box's share folder to look for the files/library??

and how's the support of playing Bluray (folder or ISO) using 3rd party player software from w/in MP??

lastly, is there any particular file/folder naming scheme that you would suggest (or I should follow) in order for the TVseries/Movies to grab the correct info (IMDB/artwork/etc.) from the internet?? (this is where I've been having problem from Meedio...... can't get the info nor artwork.... may be I'll need to rename evverything is a certain format??)

and where does it grab the artworks/info from? 'cos I have a large collection of Asian TV series and movies, I don't mind to make the artwork/banner for like thetvdb.org, but at least needs to know where to look for.

many tks in advance!!

Nato

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2006
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi all,

lastly, is there any particular file/folder naming scheme that you would suggest (or I should follow) in order for the TVseries/Movies to grab the correct info (IMDB/artwork/etc.) from the internet?? (this is where I've been having problem from Meedio...... can't get the info nor artwork.... may be I'll need to rename evverything is a certain format??)

many tks in advance!!

I have just moved to mediaportal from meedio ( had been using right from when it was released ) for the tv i used MP-Tvseries plugin , and i had 2 different naming conventions and it picked both up ( 1 of them i had to add manually (took 2 mins) ) but it all just worked.

for the movies get the "moving picture" plugin , I have my movies in individual folders and that all seemed to just work also it got info covers and fanart for about 95% of my movies.

I switched from meedio to mp due to the tv part as i went HD and meedio just wouldnt like my card.
    so im learning mp at the moment and searching for different plugins to see what it can do.

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've just switched to MP yesterday! I must say, the configration is a LOT easier than Meedio and by following the newcomer installation guide (great guide btw!!), I was up and running w/in a couple hours versus I would spend days if not weeks to try to config Meedio the way I want!!

and yes, the MP-TVseries and Moving Picture picks up both of my TV series and Movies collection and grab the data in no time! while I had spent days and weeks trying to do the same in Meedio before....

how do you like the TV part of MP? I've been a BeyondTV user for 4+yrs, and love it!

Nato

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2006
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've just switched to MP yesterday! I must say, the configration is a LOT easier than Meedio and by following the newcomer installation guide (great guide btw!!), I was up and running w/in a couple hours versus I would spend days if not weeks to try to config Meedio the way I want!!

and yes, the MP-TVseries and Moving Picture picks up both of my TV series and Movies collection and grab the data in no time! while I had spent days and weeks trying to do the same in Meedio before....

how do you like the TV part of MP? I've been a BeyondTV user for 4+yrs, and love it!

liking the mediaportal tv part about the same as meedio so far (pretty good) i do however have the odd period where it goes funny really bad stutter after a period of time) other than than its ok.

I could pretty much get meedio to do what i wanted with ease i only changed to mediaportal because i changed my tv card , and not alot of support for it in meedio.

So im learning how mediaportal works and what i can tweak in the theme files etc to get what i want out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom