Three (newbie ?) questions (1 Viewer)

g_BonE

Portal Member
December 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version: ---
MediaPortal Version: v0.2.3.0 stable (no snapshots)
MediaPortal Skin: standard blue 4:3
Windows Version: XP SP2 MCE2005
CPU Type: AthlonXP 2000, Socket A
HDD: Seagate 160gb
Memory: 512mb DDR266
Motherboard: ASRock K7VT2
Motherboard Chipset: VIA KT266A
Motherboard Bios: v1.3
Video Card: Creative 3D Blaster Geforce 3 Ti500
Video Card Driver: ForceWare 93.71 WHQL
Sound Card: VIA AC97
Sound Card AC3: ---
Sound Card Driver: VIA Vinyl 7.00b
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150 (nonMCE)
1. TV Card Type: Analog PVR (PAL, Germany)
1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.25037, (http://www.wintvcd.co.uk/drivers/PVR-150-500_2_0_48_25037_WHQL.zip)
Networking:Wireless, D-Link DWL-G510, RaLink drivers
MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidia PureVideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVidia PureVideo
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Kabel Deutschland
HTPC Case: Acer grey desktop case
Cooling: CPU, GPU, PSU and 120mm fan
Power Supply: 350W
Remote: Hauppauge 45button
TV: Daewoo 70" non-wide
TV - HTPC Connection: Scart, S-Video (Ti500 TV-Out)

First of all, thanks for this nice software. Having tried out a couple of things like KnoppMyth and GBPvr im happy to have the 0.2.3 release of MediaPortal running smoothly so far with recording and standby/wakeup working correctly.

I use the windows task scheduler service to update my system time via NTP using Automachron every 2 hours and after a wakeup. Also i run O&O Defrag every wednesday night at 2am, having it wake up, do its job and go sleep again. On tuesdays i scheduled a close of mediaportal, automatic run of CCleaner and a EPG update using TVMovie, TVM2XML and TVGuideScheduler.exe after which i start mediaportal again and let it drop to standby (after 5 minutes with powerschdeuler).

I use the watchdog plugin to check if comskip is still running after a recording so powerscheduler doesnt interrupt it while sending the pc to sleep.

Now a few questions:
I found that the Home menu item order doesnt really show up as configured via rightclicking the "home" window plugin, all in all the configuration there seems a little strange with items suddenly jumping around and stuff like that. is there a way to manually editing the layout of the Home menu and maybe even add items or folders to it ?

When using the multishortcut plugin, how can i use my remote to f.e. close a notepad i opened via a multishortcut item ? Currently it looks like mediaportal still has focus even if hidden and i cant seem to find a way to change mediaportal's hauppauge remote module to work with another app (like notepad) ?

How can i view logfiles from within mediaportal ?

Is there some way to show cpu usage and running tasks from within mediaportal (maybe even with a taskkill option)?

How can i manually delete all EPG entries from mediaportal's database without using it's setup tool, preferredly from a batch file ?

Which is the best working solution to reduce size of recordings by converting them to xvid or divx preferredly after cutting commerzials out via comskip's data ?

Is there a way to use scripting, preferredly AutoIt or batchfiles from within MediaPortal ?

That should be enough for now. I really appreciate support from anyone who is willing to answer :D

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How can i manually delete all EPG entries from mediaportal's database without using it's setup tool, preferredly from a batch file ?

MS-SQL:
    Code:
    DELETE FROM [TVLIBRARY].[DBO].[PROGRAM]

MySQL:
    Code:
    DELETE FROM program;

Is there a way to use scripting, preferredly AutoIt or batchfiles from within MediaPortal ?

You don't need MediaPortal to explicitly support AutoIt since you can easily compile executables out of the code and automate everything you want this way (at least I can ;)).

-level20peon

g_BonE

Portal Member
    December 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks level20peon. still there are a few more questions open, anzone willing to step in and help out ? Especially the home menu editing and ways to control other programs with my remote are number one on my priority list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom