Thumbnail quality + Rounded Cover Frame (1 Viewer)

Dullie

Portal Member
May 24, 2009
Hello,

I noticed that the quality of thumbnails is really bad in Moving Pictures when viewed as Filmstrip. However, the quality of thumbs is quite exceptional when viewed in List View.

How could I change it?

------------

I created a better poster rounded cover frame attached... To use it just replace the original and clear cache.

I think the best way to implement a rounded cover frame is attach it the layout just like X Factor Skin (attached). I am more than happy to do it. Problem is, I am good with photoshop, bad with XML :mad: I just dont know the exact size needed for the frame, and the exact place for it to look perfect.

Anyways, Thanks for you all efforts and for the exceptional skin.

Attachments

• Rounded Cover.jpg
    Rounded Cover.jpg
    173.8 KB
  • round.poster.frame.png
    round.poster.frame.png
    5.4 KB
  • tvseries_bg_list_s.png
    tvseries_bg_list_s.png
    35 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I noticed that the quality of thumbnails is really bad in Moving Pictures when viewed as Filmstrip. However, the quality of thumbs is quite exceptional when viewed in List View.

How could I change it?
    Hi Dullie, the Selected Thumb quality should be the same no matter what layout you have chosen. However, the icon displayed with-in the Filmstrip/Thumbnails themselves will be controlled by the quality setting in MediaPortal's configuration under General->Thumbnails (im not 100% sure, but give that a go).

I created a better poster rounded cover frame attached... To use it just replace the original and clear cache.
    I haven't had a chance to take a look at your modified image for rounded covers. Although, I didnt create the original rounded image can you explain how its better?

Dullie

Portal Member
    May 24, 2009
    Thank you..

Regarding the thumbs I changed it to Maximum Quality settings in Configuration. But still they are bad..

I noticed a graphic quality string in TVSeries.SkinSettings.XML

<graphicsquality import="true">
    <seriesbanners>60</seriesbanners>
    <seriesposters>20</seriesposters> <!-- 20% for Default, 35% for Fanart style-->
    <seasonbanners>75</seasonbanners>
    <episodethumbs>90</episodethumbs>
    </graphicsquality>

And I thought that it could be applied MovingPictures.. Could it?

Regarding the rounded Cover. I think the rounded cover yo have has bad edges especially when viewed over a white background.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I noticed a graphic quality string in TVSeries.SkinSettings.XML

<graphicsquality import="true">
    <seriesbanners>60</seriesbanners>
    <seriesposters>20</seriesposters> <!-- 20% for Default, 35% for Fanart style-->
    <seasonbanners>75</seasonbanners>
    <episodethumbs>90</episodethumbs>
    </graphicsquality>

And I thought that it could be applied MovingPictures.. Could it?
    Those settings only apply to TVSeries, setting too high can really slow down the creation of items on the facade when using Thumbnail/Filmstrip layouts.

Regarding the rounded Cover. I think the rounded cover yo have has bad edges especially when viewed over a white background.
    Thanks, will take a closer look and do some comparisons.

Henkie Flits

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have looked at this mod a few times but I find an error which also shows in TV-Series and MovingPictures when using rounded corners: the reflection shows the cover with sharp corners, not rounded. Is that something which can be fixed? Would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom