Thumbnails not shown for some tracks when strip prefix is selected (1 Viewer)

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2..3.0 + SVN from 17/01/2008
MediaPortal Skin: Xface
Windows Version: XP Home SP2
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3100+ 1.81GHz
HDD: ?? 200Gb
Memory: 1Gb DDM
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M
Motherboard Chipset: VIA K8M800
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: nVidea
Video Card Driver: ?
Sound Card: (on board) Realtek AC'97
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5930
1. TV Card: LeadTek WinFast DTV1000 T
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Microsoft MCE remote
TV: Acer AL1916 19" widescreen monito
TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

Hi! Having installed MP 2.3 I rebuilt my music database from scratch (after deleting all music databases in the database folder and all the music thumbnails in the thumb\music folders). I set "strip artist prefix" before I started.

Now, when I view an album (or any list of tracks), the thumbnail is missing beside each track where the artist has a "The" prefix, and the default "musical note" thumbnail is displayed instead.

I noticed that the thumbnail in thumbs\music has a name like "The Beatles-A Hard Day's Night [UK].jpg" for example. So, I changed it to "Beatles, The-A Hard Day's Night [UK].jpg" restarted MP, and found that the album thumbnail for tracks in that album now appeared.

If this is a bug and not just my system, any chance of a fix? I can manually rename the affected thumbs as a workaround.

Thanks

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Just to add that I have been unable to get thumbs to show for albums with prefix "the" stripped from artists.

I've completely recreated the music database after deleting all the thumbs from within the Music folder and still the only albums thumbnails that don't show are for artists with "the" stripped e.g. "Chemical Brother, The".

If you let me know if you want any logs during the creation of a fresh database with no thumbs in the Music folder, let me know.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :
    If this is a bug and not just my system, any chance of a fix? I can manually rename the affected thumbs as a workaround.

I've just fixed the issue. Some code movement broke it already months ago :oops:

1.0 RC1 should create all thumbs with the correct names again ;)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    That's fantastic - thank you :)

...I'm a little sheepish to ask, as I'm sure you're extremely busy with impending releases - but I thought I would add this here.

With the option "strip prefix" checked, would it still be possible to display the artist name in the correct way, e.g. "The Beatles" is found in the right alphabetical order under 'B' but still displays as "The Beatles" rather than "Beatles, The". This would be icing on the cake! (Though I say that about most things in MediaPortal - it's just so damn good!)

During a recent fresh install I had a proper play with Music Views - I'm loving the versatility to display my (rather large) music database in such different ways.

Thanks for all your work!

Doodles

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the fix rtv. I'll install 1.0 RC1 as soon as it's available and give it a whirl.

I agree that it would be really good to have the display say "The Beatles" instead of "Beatles, The", but accept it's a low priority request.

Many thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom