Thumbnails of cover art in music player (1 Viewer)

Bluecrab56

November 19, 2008
Hi all, brand new user to media portal. I have sevral hundreds of mp3 files with downloaded cover art. All the thumbnails display correctly when played with WMP. When I use MP just about files pick up and display the same ( wrong ) image - all the songs show as if they all came from the same album. Any one have any ideas what I am doing wrong or how to solve ? Thanks

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You should scan your music share first. this will extract the images out of the music files and then they'll be displayed correctly.

Bluecrab56

November 19, 2008
    Thanks for the reply - I don't see how to "scan" music shares first. Thanks again for your help.

I have Beyond Media ( for a few years ) but saw your software and liked the look. So far I really like it and have told others about it. It's set up nice with some great features.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is a scan shares function in the music database settup in the MP configuration program. You set up your share drives first that have your music folders in, then go to db.

Chuck

Attachments

• MP_config-musicdb.jpg
      MP_config-musicdb.jpg
      109.1 KB

Bluecrab56

November 19, 2008
    Do you mean music database > update database from selected shares ? If so, I have already done that - several times. I have tried every different combo of the options on that page and MP still picks 1 thumbnail for every song I have. I tried deleting the image MP picked and then MP just picked another image to thumbnail for every song. Anyway, I have since found a workaround ( sort of ) - I deleted every thumbnail in folder ( 1200 + ! ) and found that while song is selected with MP I can use MP to look up album art on internet. MP will re-download the album art and so far it now displays correctly.......1150 to go. Thanks for the help and prompt replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom