Ticker not Displaying (1 Viewer)

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have InfoService v1.6.2 installed on MediaPortal v1.1.1 but cannot get the ticker to show up on the home screen. I am using Blue3Wide (The skin that came with MediaPortal.)

I only have one feed set up (I deleted the default MediaPortal feed) and can view it successfully when I click on the InfoService option on the home screen.

So here I am scratching my head. Another weird issue is that the example ticker that you see in the InfoService configuration window is still displaying MediaPortal feed information even though I deleted the feed a while ago.

What else can I try to fix this?

EDIT: I've also looked in my IS log file and I don't see anything serious. The only kinds of warnings are:

23/04/2011 19:39:53 | 0008 | Feed | Warning | Unable to parse string from element channel/image/url. It's possible that the element/s not exists, so you can ingore the warning
23/04/2011 19:39:53 | 0008 | Feed | Warning | Unable to parse string from element item[1]/author. It's possible that the element/s not exists, so you can ingore the warning
23/04/2011 19:39:53 | 0008 | Feed | Warning | Unable to parse string from element item/enclosure/attribute[type]. It's possible that the element/s not exists, so you can ingore the warning

23/04/2011 19:39:54 | 0008 | Feed | Warning | Error downloading feed[ta tvnz national headlines auto group] image from feed url http://tvnz.co.nz/content/ta_tvnz_national_headlines_auto_group/rss_20_skin.xml. Feed has no image
23/04/2011 19:39:54 | 0008 | Feed | Warning | Error downloading feed[ta tvnz national headlines auto group] item[0] image from feed url http://tvnz.co.nz/content/ta_tvnz_national_headlines_auto_group/rss_20_skin.xml. Feed item has no image

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Ticker not Displaying

The ticker will be only displayed on the basichome. But even then you have to copy some xml files to the Blue3Wide folder. But be aware: these files are not up to date, so there could be some display problems on basic home. At best you make a backup before you copy it to the Blue3Wide folder.

1. Browse C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Blue3wide\
  2. There should be two folders: "Weather-Feeds_on_Basichome" and "Weather-Twitter-Feeds_on_Basichome"
  3. Inside of these folder are the skin files to display either Weather and Feeds on basichome (Weather-Feeds_on_Basichome) or Weather, Twitter ticker and Feed ticker on basichome (Weather-Twitter-Feeds_on_Basichome).
  4. Choose the one you like and copy the files to the Blue3Wide folder

The ticker in the configuration screen uses always the MediaPortal feed.

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Re: AW: Ticker not Displaying

Thanks for your help. I didn't know about having to copy those files. I did so but still no luck. You mentioned that the files are not up to date, could that be the problem? My files in "Weather-Feeds_on_Basichome" were dated 8 March 2011.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Ticker not Displaying

That would be the download/unrar date. If you had to overwrite some files, then it should be ok. You have to use the basichome screen. There are no files for the normal homescreen included.

Ah, i forget something: Clear the skin cache in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache" and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom