Time for a new MediaPortal banner? (1 Viewer)

bazzz

Portal Pro
March 29, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Home Country
Canada Canada
Not that I'm volunteering for anything as my artistic talents are negligible, but I'm sure there are plenty of great artists around here. I really don't like the font of the current banner; the letters are actually quite hard to distinguish, and I've already expressed my distaste for "mediacenter" as a single word! Whilst I don't really like him myself, I imagine something fun could be done with the MePo character and might bring a bit more consistency to the overall MediaPortal "brand".

God, I sound like a marketing consultant. Shoot me now.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I pray for a talented gfx-artist every week in church but it seems that god is pretty busy for years...

bazzz

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    There seem to be a lot of talented skin designers out there. Maybe that would be a good place to start looking? Or have a competition - that usually gets good results.

hanoota

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did somebody asked in some GFX-Forums/Sites for talented artists for this project?
    I think you just have to post some basic data about the project and there will be many requests!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    As stated by high, the team would very much like to change the appearance, but we don't seem to have the required skill and/or time for it.

I would think that help on the matter is welcome, so ... :D

killdashnine

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I agree with the OP.

The default Mediaportal skins look a little childish, especially with the MePo character. And no, I couldn't do any better ;)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    I agree with the OP.

The default Mediaportal skins look a little childish, especially with the MePo character. And no, I couldn't do any better ;)

Interestingly, I seem to remember in one of the surveys that a lot of people were actually using the default skin (perhaps the survey was pre-MePo?) - Ive never been able to understand that - I agree with you - to me it does look like something designed for kids

I have a lot of respect for all the work that goes into making a skin, and its great that the default skin is such good quality - just a shame about the design!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom