Time Warner Cable® remotes have MCE code (1 Viewer)

techmasterjoe

Portal Member
February 18, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
i have found that the remotes by UEI will let you use them as a windows MCE remote under VCR or AUD
AtlasOCAP_angle.jpg

code is "1972"
VCR or AUD witch ever you like then hold down setup tell it blinks twice then put code "1972"
it will blink twice to tell you it worked and that part is done
(the enter/ok button in the center is locked to CBL tell you unlock CH buttons)

to use it to the fullest you need to unlock vol and channel so they work with all devices not just cable box and tv.

to do that hold setup down wait for 2 blinks then use code "993 vol+" to unlock vol
then hit CBL, hold setup wait for 2 blinks then use code "973"it will blink 2 more times then hit "CH-" it will blink 4 times
then it's done

all the buttons will still work they will only work the selected device instead of auto switching back to CBL.
so to change tv vol you have to hit tv then vol to change media portal vol hit vcr or aud witch ever you used
then hit vol

I know this might be a point less post but to someone that just killed the only mce remote they had this might help
or if you have a UEI remote and want to try it on your pc the easy way do this then set mediaportal to use mce remote
all you need is a IR receiver

note had to move to 1.1.0 after i moved to win 7 as Microsoft changed the in coding for wmc remotes
nope they had no real reason to change it they just did. over all i have yet to have any problems with 1.1.0
keep in mind i don't use the tv part, just using it for 5+TB of video i have on my system and the 9+tb more on my network

my system spec
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 beta
MediaPortal Skin: black glass
Windows Version: win 7 ult / vista ult /xp mce 2005
CPU Type: intel i7 920 at 3.61ghz
HDD: 4x 1.5TB mix of samsung and seagate + 2 1tb hitachi total of 6 drives
Memory: 6GB 3x2gb 7-8-8-21 1674mhz at 1.61volts
Motherboard: EVGA X58 sli
Video Card: dual evga GTX 285's (not sli but can be in a click)
Video Card Driver: 196.21
Sound Card: realtek onboard 888
1. TV Card: N/A don't need one atm but will be looking
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: same
h.264 Video Codec: coreAVC when using bluray / ffdshow for most downloaded video
Satelite/CableTV Provider: TimeWarrner
HTPC Case: coolmaster HAF
Cooling: Coolmaster V8 (die temps avg 38-42c cpu caseing is 28-32c 44c under peek load)
Power Supply: corsair cmpsu-1000HX
Remote: UEI / org mce 2005 / logitech 1100 pad
TV: 2X vizio 37" full hd + 1 epson 8500ub full hd projector + Spyder3Elite to make it look good worth every penny
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI to HDMI

used 95% of the time for anime, bluray movies and games
after a re-flash on the epson it ran at 120hz and works wonders with NVIDIA 3D Vision :D
left and right screens are 37" vizio 120hz 60,000 contrast (8,500 with out auto and dcr)
center screen is 106" 16:9 for the projector set was for racing sim / movies with my D-box GP pro-200rc
my system is in a small side room all cables run in the walls main room has just screens and 4,700 watts RMS of ear crushing sound
4 18" subs FiCarAudio IB3's in the walls god i love them hit 142.7DB at 31hz :eek:
if you like my setup just pm me please don't post unless it's about the remote thing i run 5 def forums and don't like spam posts
on mine so lets not do it to the gods of media portal
update
tested on 3 other ver's of this remote all worked one was from 2002 so i was amazed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom