TimeShift and STB (Sky) Gotta be joking! (1 Viewer)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey this is an interesting situation, and to be honest seems strange that this would not be the case... But Timeshifting completely throws off my STB... Simple scenario!

Watching Sky, pause the recording for a few seconds (lets say 30) and then play and go and change channel... What do you know you have to wailt 30 seconds to see your channel change...

I just presumed that when you change channel, it would reset the Timeshift buffer... This is just odd, there must be a choice to change this... I don't want to disable timeshift all together but really???

Please any ones help would be great! :D

PS: Okay that is strange, it is working fine now!!! AARRGG.. Going to try and re-simulate it! I knew that could not be for real!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The problem is the combination of Digital Devices Card, Alphacryt Cam and TVE3 of Mediaportal. Unfortunately I dont have a solution, only two "Workarounds". First is to try native TVE35 with MP2, i did not have any continuity errors or hickups with that constellation. Second would be to change the cam, I tried RTL HD with a Deltacam...
The problem is the combination of Digital Devices Card, Alphacryt Cam and TVE3 of Mediaportal. Unfortunately I dont have a...
Hi MediaPortal Support Team, I've a problem that really drives me crazy because I've no explanation for this phenomenon. Since a...
Replies
Views
Sorry, missed your last reply here. :oops: Great. :) I wasn't sure what to expect. The basis of this request was that I thought I [vaguely, from several years back now] recalled somebody in the Colossus support thread finding that their situation improved when they connected both S/PDIF and analog audio. I guess my memory was wrong...
Sorry, missed your last reply here. :oops: Great. :) I wasn't sure what to expect. The basis of this request was that I thought I...
After much consternation and nashing of teeth, I feel I'm so close to having a working system! Thank you, MediaPortal developers...
Replies
Views
Understood, I will remove this from the configuration and come back to you if I continue to have issues.
Understood, I will remove this from the configuration and come back to you if I continue to have issues.
I have an issue where live tv seems to freeze or pause for 20 seconds or so and then continue after catching its self up. its very...
Replies
Views
Actually I have 2 Ram drives set up already 8GB each. One houses the whole mysql Suite Data and all. with some Crafty scripting and a good working knowledge of DFS and a battery backup to hold the machine for hours I am not worried about losing any data and what i am doing is I have t 2 ram drives are actuallt Image files so ot's...
Actually I have 2 Ram drives set up already 8GB each. One houses the whole mysql Suite Data and all. with some Crafty scripting and...
OK, So here goes, Been fighting a couple of problems but I seem to be down to this one now. Couple of things. Little background...
Replies
Views
Two full days, and no freezes. This is awesome :) Thank you both for your efforts - I greatly appreciate it!
Two full days, and no freezes. This is awesome :) Thank you both for your efforts - I greatly appreciate it!
Good afternoon, I'm breaking this off of another thread, since the issue I'm experiencing no longer seems to be related to the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom