TimeShift buffer locking/TV Freezing (1 Viewer)

FReT

Portal Member
September 28, 2005
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue wide
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: Nvidia
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: SB ExtremeMusic
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Ultraview DBT
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi,

I've installed Mediaportal 1.0 and decided to try the new TV Server (singleseat installation). Every 10 or 15 mins though live TV just freezes. After some investigation I think it's due to the Timeshift buffer files being locked and therefore can't be overwritten. It seems to get caught on the 2nd buffer file. If I set Timeshift to say min 10 - max 20 files with 100MB, I can see it writing the files and can delete previous buffer files (while still watching TV) except the 2nd one which says file is in use. Once I quit out of MediaPortal I can delete this file. If I watch the timestamps I can see it overwriting the 1st timeshift file again (after getting to 20), then live TV feezes when getting to the second file. Is it normal for it to use all timeshift files? It always writes to the maximum buffer.

I've tried all sorts of timeshift sizes and number of files etc, doesn't matter. Also the TV just freezes, doesn't crash. I can hit stop and then start and Live TV continues until it once again hits the second file and stops again. I've tried different hard drives etc as well, it's definately not a space issue. Any ideas? I don't have the logs on me but can attach later on today if needed.

Cheers...

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,
    maybe one thing:

Have you checked your power settings, regarding Harddisk standby? I once had this enabled by accident and had the same symtoms, because the Hd "thought" it was idle....

cheers

FReT

Portal Member
    September 28, 2005
    Yeah I have checked that. It's definitely related to the timeshift buffer, because if I make the buffer smaller it freezes quicker etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom