Timeshift buffer shown at channel change (1 Viewer)

olafett

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Vista x64 SP1
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 @ 3,5GHz
HDD: Western Digital, 1 Raptor, 3 Caviar
Memory: OCZ Reaper 4GB PC-8500
Motherboard: MSI P965 Platinum
Video Card: Asus HD4850
Video Card Driver: 8.12
Sound Card: Creative X-fi XtremeMusic
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Kawakami Vista
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: CD version 4.6b
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec P180B
Cooling:
Power Supply: Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W
Remote: Hauppauge 45 buttons
TV: Samsung 2693HM
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Well, title says it all. It happens everytime I switch channel. I have searched and viewed multiple threads and users with the same problem, but I couldn't find a solution for Vista x64.

Attached the logs.

Thanks! :)

PeteA

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
Kent
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Olafett

I had the same thing up until last week when I changed my audio codec from ffdshow to AC3Filter. Every time I changed channel it would either replay the last 10 minutes of the program and stick on that channel or just stick on the original channel, either way I had to stop TV service and then restart it to get the channel to change correctly, now completely cured, don't know if you are using ffdshow at all but worth a look.

Pete

olafett

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
No luck with AC3Filter for me. But the problem seems to be exactly the same.

EDIT: OMG!!! I fixed the problem myself. At the end of the log you can see written in swedish that my timeshift folder could not be found. I checked the path and the folder did not exist (Shouldn't these be created by the TV-server!?) I manually set the timeshift folder to one that I did know exists. I also noticed that my two tuners used different timeshift folders along with different recording formats. Changing all the paths to the same and changing recording format for both tuners to *.ts made the timeshift work as supposed. As a bonus my time for changing channels decreased from 15 seconds to below 1 second!

Yay! :D

PeteA

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
Kent
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hmm This is a pig of a problem...

All I did was to change to AC3Filter and that was it all cured, I was not even trying to cure the fault when I did it I just decided to try out AC3 Filter on my system to see if its any better than ffdshow, mind you I replaced ffdshow with AC3Filter in all of the parts that use it, i.e. My DVD, My TV, My Video's etc , I hope you find an answer to your problem I know it drives you crazy.

Pete

Just had a thought, my codecs are:- MPEG2 = Elecard MPEG2 with dxva enabled, H264:- CoreAVC, Audio Codec:- AC3Filter and Audio Renderer:- Default Direct Sound, hope this helps.
Another problem I was getting, every time I went to the EPG or if a banner came up onscreen then the sound would go "slow" i.e. drop in pitch so that women sounded like men and men sounded like bulls, if you see what I mean. All these problems started for me when I upgraded to MP 1.0 RC4, on a clean windows re-install.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread