Timeshift bugs viewing live TV (1 Viewer)

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 + SVN 02/01/07
MediaPortal Skin: B2 Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 2000+
HDD: Maxtor 40GB
Memory: 1GB DDR
Motherboard: ECS KM400-M Deluxe
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce FX5200 128MB
1. TV Card: Freecom USB DVB-T Stick
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T (USB)
MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidia Purevideo 1.233
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA

Starting around 2 weeks back I noticed some wierd issues with timeshifting when viewing live TV with TVE3 and the Mediaportal plugin, when I change channels mediaportal jumps back in the timeshift buffer (to a random point it chooses) and starts playing TV from there instead of changing channel and playing the live tv.
This doesn't happen every time I change channel and doesn't appear to be linked to any perticular stations, to only way to recover from the bug (as once its ocurred I am then stuck in the buffer) is to turn off live tv and turn it back on again, I then get the correct channel and whatever is playing live...
Any ideas on what would cause this behaviour / any one else experience this ?
(btw, I have a totally fresh install and new mobo + cpu since I first saw this issue..)

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Yep experienced the very same thing, put it down to just being beta software and sure Frodo is aware as he's improving it greatly almost evey day!

josu

Portal Pro
March 14, 2006
Kassel, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
I have the same error :-(
After switching the channels, the client plays the timeshiftbuffer. If the buffer is empty, the client switches to selected channel. This error is only on the client !!
I hope, the bug will solved in the next svn :)
Many greetings !!!

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
Well at least it isn't just me :)

If any dev's would like log files etc.. if they don't have this problem themselves just shout for what you need.

josu

Portal Pro
March 14, 2006
Kassel, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
hello so late,

I think, the bug exists since this bugfix from frodo:

01/01/2007 [20:33h] _Frodo_ added: tvplugin play recording from livepoint and beginning

I have tried the latest december-svn without this errors :)

But I say: A GREAT WORK OF THE PROGRAMMERS :)

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
Frodo has edited the title to include [Fixed] so I will try out the latest SVN later on today and report back.
Here's hoping :)

josu

Portal Pro
March 14, 2006
Kassel, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Looks good with the latest svn 12518, but every 15 minutes I get a message-window from JIT-debugger (look to the attachment).

First part of the message:
......************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.WriteFile(MediaPortal.Services.LogType, System.String, System.Object[]).
bei ProcessPlugins.DiskSpace.DiskManagement.CheckDriveFreeDiskSpace(String drive)
bei ProcessPlugins.DiskSpace.DiskManagement.CheckFreeDiskSpace()
bei ProcessPlugins.DiskSpace.DiskManagement.OnTimerElapsed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have this message on the master and on the clients. If you click on continue, mp runs without errors the next 15 minutes :)

many greetings

I have opened a new thread for this problem !!!!!!

SpongeBob

January 7, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

the TVEngine3 works otherwise completely well, but I have the same error with the latest SVN-Build

Gintas

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 + svn 01-09-2007--01-01-Rev12580
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
Windows Version: WinXP MCE 2005
1. TV Card: AverMedia Volar DVB-T USB
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T

Hello,

Are you sure that this problem is fixed? Because I still have this problem. By the way I'm watching h264 compressed DVB-T channels.

Regards,
Gintas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom