Timeshift file location (1 Viewer)

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Australia Australia
Country flag
I'm running MPRC1 with SVN 15497 and was just wondering where the file is stored when you use the timeshift function?

I noticed in the TV card setup you can specify where to put your recordings. Is it possible to say where to store the timeshift file also?

I just want to make sure that if I use this function, there will be enough space on the drive where it is created.

Thanks.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    I noticed in the TV card setup you can specify where to put your recordings. Is it possible to say where to store the timeshift file also?
    The timeshift buffer goes into the same folder as you have assigned for TV recordings - under a subfolder of "card1", "card2", etc (if you have more than one TV card).

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    The timeshift buffer goes into the same folder as you have assigned for TV recordings - under a subfolder of "card1", "card2", etc (if you have more than one TV card).
    Thanks Taipan. I thought that may have been the case and kept an eye on the folder, but a large file didn't seem to appear there when using timeshift. It worked though, so that's the main thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    O Kodi Client tries to access wrong timeshift file Installation, configuration support 0
    G [solved] timeshift error Newcomers Forum 2
    k12158 [solved] Keine Zugriff auf NAS Ordner mit Recordings und TimeShift Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    P Timeshifting in XMLTV General 2
    joecool70 Fehlermeldung Error invoking action "Start Timeshift" Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    cladinshadows85 timeshift error <solved> General 2
    S EPG timeshift advice needed please Electronic Program Guide 3
    R Mp2.2 verschiedene (neue) probleme, server nicht gefunden, client stürzt bei tv ab, timeshift... Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    D Downloading EPG XML file: Installation, configuration support 0
    M [solved] WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 1
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    J Help with new grabber file. WebEPG 1
    S [solved] No sound - MKV file MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    G WTV files General 11
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    HTPCSourcer Media Accessor is flooding logs with files from attached monitor MediaPortal 2 9
    R [will not fix] [MP2-832] MP2.2.2 subtitles not shown for WTV files Submit: Bug Reports 7
    R [solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? My TVSeries 7
    R Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? Moving Pictures 2
    thepahakurki Trakt error: Invalid or missing file Trakt 8
    M Keymapping Which File To Edit General Support 4
    F No data in "File Details" Moving Pictures 2
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    R Directx 9.0 June 2010 does not install on Windows 10 x64, ends up with weird failure / no debug file Installation, configuration support 0