Timeshifting buffer option when changing channels

Discussion in 'MyTV - Engine 0.2' started by McChots, January 10, 2007.

1. McChots

McChots Portal Pro

Everthing & Nothing
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

I know this was well discussed in the past whether it is a good idea to have or not.

Would implementing an option in configuration that allows you to choose whether the timeshift buffer gets deleted or not be a difficult change.

Previous versions did not clear the buffer and just carried on timeshifting with the new channel.

It's annoying when while watching a timeshifted program and hitting channel up/down by mistake.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rhys.Goodwin

Rhys.Goodwin Portal Pro

Systems Admin
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh yeah I'd love that option, Seperate timshift buffer for each channel would be sweet. I have tuns of hd space! Mind you down here in New Zealand I only have like 12 (FTA) channels! But yeah any feature that helps with the accidential changing the channels and then realising that you were like 20mins behind in time and you've lost it all!!! ggrrr ;-)

4. Ralph
    • Premium Supporter

Ralph Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    New TVServer doesn't clear timeshiftbuffer when changing channels.:)

Would like to see this in standart TV-Modul, too, but I don't think, that this will come back again.:(

Regards
    Ralph

5. McChots

McChots Portal Pro

Everthing & Nothing
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    Cool

Wish they could put it back as an option as TVServer is still beta.

6. igalan
    • Premium Supporter

igalan Retired Team Member

IT
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Show System Specs
    For reasons that I never fully understood, this was classified as a bug. So now Media Portal drops the buffer when you change the channel. I wouldn't hold my breath on the TV Server keeping this feature.

As a work-around, when you're watching something you're interested, record it. This way it's not possible to change the channel, unless you have two TV tuners. That's what I do now.

7. riadmelb

riadmelb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi all, this is a copy from my post: (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?p=104761#post104761)

"While I was testing SageTV I noticed that when I switch between cards, the buffer doesn’t get deleted. And also when I restart the computer after SageTV crashes (it crashed so many times v6) I can still watch the old buffer.

I did notice on this post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=13828&highlight=timeshift that the new TVengine will not delete the buffer when changing channels, but I think it will still clear it when changing between cards or when computer restart.

At the moment I have two cards in system and both connected using av jacks, no tv tuners, so I switch between cards a lot."

riadmelb

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!