[confirm] Timeshifting files not being deleted, causing TV to stop working (2 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: v1.1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: P4 2.8Ghz Northwood
HDD: 500GB WD SATA
Memory: 1.5GB DDR
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8i848-PM
Video Card: 2600XT 256MB
Video Card Driver: 9.12
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC655)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6300
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Nexus 120mm Intake Fan, Accelero S2, Mini Ninja
Power Supply: DELL DA-2 AC->12v DC, mCubed EF28 DC-DC board
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I got a "Not enough free disk space" when trying to select a TV channel and on checking found that there were two sets of files orphaned on my RAMdisk, live2-0 and live2-1, despite LiveTV being stopped.

After manually deleting them, I was able to start TV and it created live3-0 files.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Cheers. I'm aware of the need to allow space per tuner (found out about that the hard way a while ago). I'm only using 3*40MB per tuner and there was certainly at least 120MB free when this problem happened.

Anyway, the problem is really that MP is not deleting the files so no matter how much space I allow, eventually this problem will manifest.

sover

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I have the same problem. Sometimes i have messages like "can't open live-2.0.tsbuffer". Sorry no logs yet.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Problems with timeshift files hanging around aren't new (unless 1.1.0 has regressed) - e.g. see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-final-svn-builds-303/problem-timeshift-files-mutiplying-channel-change-while-recording-55357/ and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bugreports-74/timeshift-files-not-being-deleted-66997/ - but adding the 'free space' check in 1.1.0 makes the impact of the problem worse.....I think I'll stay with 1.0.2 for now :)

If TV server is going to the trouble of checking the free space, why can't it do something useful instead and just delete the 'dead' files, rather than passing the problem on to the user to fix by deleting the files manually ?

Tony

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If TV server is going to the trouble of checking the free space, why can't it do something useful instead and just delete the 'dead' files, rather than passing the problem on to the user to fix by deleting the files manually

If TS files are left not deleted with RC1 then it is a bug, please provide exact steps (and logs) how to reproduce the bug easialy.

What comes to "why cannot those dead files be deleted?" How you can delete something that you wont know if it is already in "dead" state? If deletion fails in the first place the bookeeping is most likely already screwed up and it is not wise to delete some files at that point. Only safe state to delete those orphant buffer files is restart of the server process.

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    If TS files are left not deleted with RC1 then it is a bug, please provide exact steps (and logs) how to reproduce the bug easialy.

For example, for multiseat - statring from here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...eused-after-stop-multiseat-environment-71862/ and up to 0002621: deleting *.tsfiles is still not working reliable - MediaPortal Bugtracker

In short: tsbuffer remains after I stop Live TV. Not the whole fileset - just .tsbuffer and the last .ts used (real size).
    But in singleseat case it is reused (or deleted and created with the same name ?) with the next Live TV start.
    If in multiseat - new "incremented" filenames are generated (_remaining_ after stop as well) -> filling tsbuffer folder.

Mantis 2621 marked as "Fixed in SVN revision 24732" but....

Logs and resulting fileset attached

Attachments

• Server_dir.txt
      30.6 KB

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Problem related to subchannel issue(timeshift files just a symptom)
    Reviewing your logs i can see that
    2010-02-26 17:50:42.609375 [(10)]: tvcard:FreeSubChannel: subchannels count 1 subch#-1 keep graph=False
    2010-02-26 17:50:42.609375 [(10)]: tvcard:FreeSubChannel :-1 - sub channel not found
    For some reason TVServer lost subchennel id or not freed correctly
    Need to investigate

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Just curious - creating one more ts buffer for client in multiseat for the same channel - is it by design or one more symptom of the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom