Titanius Skin (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Is this totally dead in the water now in terms of support? I found it to be one of the best skins out there due to its dynamic (moving) background and how well it handled fanart. Its only downside was that it wasnt ever given the Extended treatment for a bit more customisation.

In fact, the skins forum seems to be very quiet lately in general. Is everyone now focussing on MP2 or am i missing something?

llambion

Portal Pro
January 20, 2009
Oviedo
Home Country
Spain Spain
I think in the same way, for me Titanius is the best skin for mp1 but it hasn't any recent updates.
I'd like that the developer improve this skin with recent plugins changes.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually most people are still focused on MP1. But as MP2 skinner I can at least tell you, that I started Titanium Extended for MP2.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/titanium-extended.132911/
    Visually it is oriented close to Titanius for MP1, but since the backend is different some new functions are embedded.
    However I have also to say, that from functions from MP1 are not included, as MP2 is not an upgrade, but indenpended developed product. Only the TVE3 engine is basically the same.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Actually most people are still focused on MP1. But as MP2 skinner I can at least tell you, that I started Titanium Extended for MP2.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/titanium-extended.132911/
    Visually it is oriented close to Titanius for MP1, but since the backend is different some new functions are embedded.
    However I have also to say, that from functions from MP1 are not included, as MP2 is not an upgrade, but indenpended developed product. Only the TVE3 engine is basically the same.

Good stuff (y). Does it having the same type of moving backgrounds that the Titanius home screen had?

Is it worth the move over to MP2 yet in your opinion for a stable build running the basics (TV, Moving Pictures, TVSeries, OnlineVideos...)?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does it having the same type of moving backgrounds that the Titanius home screen had?
    Yes, it has the moving backgrounds and nice transition effects between the Fanarts.
    The Homescreen has backgrounds depended on seleteced tile. At the moment not moving, but can be implemented.

Is it worth the move over to MP2 yet in your opinion for a stable build running the basics (TV, Moving Pictures, TVSeries, OnlineVideos...)?
    There is no Moving Pictures and TV-Series for MP2, both is already integrated in the core and detecting everything.
    MP2 is stable from my point of view, but still under development. If you follow the forum, there are many new features planned.
    For sure, MP2 in general and also the Titanium Extended skin, are not finished, but it's hard to say how much is can cover your expectations.

Install the latest weekly and give it a try :) The next breaking changes will be implemented in the MP2 - Winter/Spring 2016 Release. I can not tell you a date.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    47491"]
    Yes, it has the moving backgrounds and nice transition effects between the Fanarts.
    The Homescreen has backgrounds depended on seleteced tile. At the moment not moving, but can be implemented.

Thanks for the info. Im a bit confused about the above though, you said it has moving backgrounds, but then in the next sentence you say it has no moving backgrounds in home screen? Did you mean that there are only dynamic backgrounds in the Movies and TV Series parts?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the info. Im a bit confused about the above though, you said it has moving backgrounds, but then in the next sentence you say it has no moving backgrounds in home screen? Did you mean that there are only dynamic backgrounds in the Movies and TV Series parts?
    The "moving effect" is only available for Fanarts at the moment, means series, movies, games, .... To have a clear understanding, with moving I mean, that the background is not static, but dynamic with regard to position.
    In the Home Screen the backgrounds are currently static, but changing with changed focus on menu tiles.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi.

No. The backgrounds are changing with the selected item. But they don't use KenBurns effects (moving or scrolling images) now.

The "moving effect" is only available for Fanarts at the moment, means series, movies, games, .... To have a clear understanding, with moving I mean, that the background is not static, but dynamic with regard to position.
    In the Home Screen the backgrounds are currently static, but changing with the changed focus on menu tiles.

Ok, thanks. Is it something youll be implementing in the future do you think? The skin looks fantastic, ive just read the whole thread and ill probably make the jump to MP2 now that you have TV working also.

Good work (y)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is it something youll be implementing in the future do you think?
    I've removed those effects lately from my own theme as it did not look that nice if a background is fading into another and at the same time it's moving in different directions... So I would suggest you have a look at the recent state in real environment before you make up your mind on this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom