TMT 6 and Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can anyone confirm that Arcsoft's TMT 6 will work with Windows 10. Judging from Google it appears that opinion and experience is divided and I do not want to risk loosing TMT through the upgrade from Win 7 at this point. If it worked or not for you please let me know

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would be careful with the upgrade either way and backup your OS completely with True image or any other reliable tool so you can always revert, can't test with TMT6 as my license was for TMT5 which can no longer be upgraded because they completely dropped/retired TMT some time ago :(
    Does TMT6 still work with all modern blu-rays under Windows 7 ?

Because I thought they had to update it regularly in order for it work (especially with 4K blu-ray around the corner), if you have some old trial version link of it willing to try it out with a few discs here under Windows 10 :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would be careful with the upgrade either way and backup your OS completely with True image or any other reliable tool so you can always revert, can't test with TMT6 as my license was for TMT5 which can no longer be upgraded because they completely dropped/retired TMT some time ago :(
    Ref. the backup for sure. I too had TMT 5 on my Desktop PC which I have upgraded to Win 10 already. After the upgrade it would still play DVDs but with Blurays I got no video, just audio and it would often just hang. I tried an uninstall the reinstall from the original DVD but that failed completely!:(
    Does TMT6 still work with all modern blu-rays under Windows 7 ?
    TMT6 with Win 7 on my HTPC will not play many new Blurays (standalone) but with AnyDVD installed then yes it has no problem. To be honest I really only need TMT for 3D Blurays, but that is important for me.

Because I thought they had to update it regularly in order for it work (especially with 4K blu-ray around the corner), if you have some old trial version link of it willing to try it out with a few discs here under Windows 10 :)
    Thanks for the offer and the idea and since I have Win 10 on my desktop I can try it out myself, assumming the copy I have of TMT will allow me a trial on a different PC.
    Many thanks for your response:)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, thanks to Rick164's suggestion I looked out my version of TMT6 and installed it as a trial version on My Win 10 desktop PC. The install and initial startup went OK and it plays DVDs, however when I attempted to play a Bluray disk it came up with a fatal error (Unable to access the video overlay, update your video driver, or words to that effect). I seems like it does not like the AMD video drivers with Win 10 support. I went back to an older (pre Win 10) driver package and it plays OK. It would be very interesting to know if the same issue happens with Nvidia hardware/drivers, anyone tried it?
    Incidently for information I also tested MPC-HC (latest nightly build) with Win 10 and AnyDVD and it looks very good playing a Bluray disk, no menu of course, not a big deal for me but also no 3D which is a show stopper! Oh well given that not being able to use Win 10 video drivers with TMT6 could have implications elswhere it looks like I will have to take a look at PowerDVD:(

Edit 15-11-2015

I have now upgraded to Win 10 on my HTPC, I have used TMT6 as the external BD player in Moving Pictures with only the minor problem that it does not get started in the foreground, (that is not a problem if enabled as the external player in MePo DVD/Images config). I also rolled back the Win 10 video driver but it did get updated again and to my surprise TMT continued to work using the uMCE version of the player.:) The standard and standalone version still fails with the new driver though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom