Total Freeze after; turn TV off OR switching from one card to another OR shuting down (1 Viewer)

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks!

the following issue is pretty annoying. First of all, the TV-Server starts automatically without any problem - all channels have been found. Once I have entered the myTV I can use TV flawlessly until:

- I switch from one TV card to another (ANALOG to DVB-C; or the other way around) OR
    - push the stop-button (in order to stop TV) OR
    - try to play music (basically every process that would and the tv-engine) OR
    - deactivate the "TV on" button OR
    - try to shut down mediaportal and my computer respectively

RESULT:

Mediaportal and Windows XP crashes entirely; i gotta use the power button and restart.

I have already discovered that it is impossible to close the TVserver.exe by using the taskmanager - unless i haven't used myTV so far!

Thanks for your help!

p.s. EGP is completely deactivated and FYI i use client and server on one computer

TV-Server Version: currently 16549; but i have also tried 5 others, including the latest one
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3; like TV-Server i have encountered the problem even with several other builds
    MediaPortal Skin: tested blue and monochrome
    Windows Version: XP SP2
    CPU Type: AMD 3800+
    HDD: Seagate 80GB
    Memory: 1GB Infineon
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Neo4
    Motherboard Chipset: nforce4
    Motherboard Bios: most recent one
    Video Card: ATI Radeon X1300
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.X
    Sound Card: onboard
    Sound Card AC3: onboard
    Sound Card Driver: onboard
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR150
    1. TV Card Type: ANALOG
    1. TV Card Driver: latest
    2. TV Card: TechnoTrend
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    2. TV Card Driver: 5.0.0.12 (available since 05/01/2008)
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MP default
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MP default
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: DVB-C and ANALOG
    HTPC Case: Silverstone

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    any updates on that? since i have no clue how to read those log-files.

Cheers!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have already discovered that it is impossible to close the TVserver.exe by using the taskmanager - unless i haven't used myTV so far!

First thing that stands out above everything else is above, any process should be able to be killed by task manager.

Sounds more likely that you have a hardware issue that is locking the process to it.

Mediaportal and Windows XP crashes entirely; i gotta use the power button and restart

Again this leads me back to my first answer.

I do not know which component has a driver issue, it could be one of your TVcards, graphics, audio or motherboard itself.

We know there are issues with later ATI drivers after 7.2, where reflections where introduced, but this does seem down to the x1250 chipset, and hopefully does not effect the x1300.

The problem comes in as there is nothing in your logs, error wise, are you sure epg is turned off, as that is showing up in TSWriter log (only abnomilly i could find).

Could you try the SimpleMP skin, gets rid of any possible ATI problem, and then use the MPTestool from the start menu, this will give us the mediaportal log + the rest.

Thanks.

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot for your help mate!

First thing that stands out above everything else is above, any process should be able to be killed by task manager.

Sounds more likely that you have a hardware issue that is locking the process to it.

Maybe, but MP without TV-Server doesnt have that issue.

We know there are issues with later ATI drivers after 7.2, where reflections where introduced, but this does seem down to the x1250 chipset, and hopefully does not effect the x1300.

I am currently using 7.12; btw the latest available for X1300

The problem comes in as there is nothing in your logs, error wise, are you sure epg is turned off, as that is showing up in TSWriter log (only abnomilly i could find).

You were right I hadnt deactivated it entirely. I think it is disabled completely now.

Could you try the SimpleMP skin, gets rid of any possible ATI problem, and then use the MPTestool from the start menu, this will give us the mediaportal log + the rest.

I have used Testtool2 but i wasnt able to process step 3 (creating zip file and so on) because my computer had frozen - but i attached the zip file created after a restart (see following post). I tried SimpleMP too - same problem

Again MP is working perfectly until i switch the TV (myTV plugin respectively) off. Therefore i dont think it is hardware related. Additionally it occurs with both TV cards (even if i remove the other one) Please find the new log files attached.

:D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Really need that mediaportal log, nothing in any of the logs attached.

C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log have a look here and attach MP log.

Let's try and see what is happening.

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok, here we go...

thats the current log-file taken out of C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log

the following things i did.

1. started mediaportal
    2. switched to fullscreen
    3. went to myTV
    4. watched a channel for approx 20 sek.
    5. switched the TV off by pushing the "TV on" button

RESULT: MP crashed, had to restart my computer by using the power button.

nevertheless, it seems that there is hard disk activity after Mp and my computer respectively has crashed.

Thanks.

BTW, i tried several video and audio filters, i guess we can exclude a filter issue.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Looking thru your logs - I can see that you have not applied any SVNs to Mediaportal - only to TV Server (and plugin?).

You need to be on the same SVN both for MP and TVE3 - for starters anyway.

You are using TVE3 SVN 16549 but plain 0.2.3.0 of MP - you need to be on SVN 16549 on MP as well.

If you still see the same problem - I can't help you anymore...

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are using TVE3 SVN 16549 but plain 0.2.3.0 of MP - you need to be on SVN 16549 on MP as well.

cheers mate!
    but like i sad, i have tried several builds including the latzest one (TV server SNV and MP both from january, 12th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom