Total Newbie Needing Some Direction (1 Viewer)

TonyBergman

August 8, 2021
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All,

I have been a WMC user for many years and have now decided to try something new.

I tried Kodi but decided against it as it doesn't quite give me the flexibility I need.

I have today installed MP 2.3 with the WMC style GUI to avoid giving "she who must be obeyed" a reason to carry on about changing things too much.

I have installed the the radio streaming plugin and Emulators, which I will finalise later on, but would appreciate someone pointing me in the direction of a tutorial to populate it with games and have it run.

What I did like about Kodi was the torrent downloader which allowed me to stream movies and TV shows from torrent sources. I have seen the ones for MP 1 but there doesn't seem to be one for MP 2. Is there a possibility that either there is one in development or can a downloader for MP 1 work in 2.3?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have installed the the radio streaming plugin and Emulators, which I will finalise later on, but would appreciate someone pointing me in the direction of a tutorial to populate it with games and have it run.
    Check the Wiki page of the plugin: Emulators

What I did like about Kodi was the torrent downloader which allowed me to stream movies and TV shows from torrent sources. I have seen the ones for MP 1 but there doesn't seem to be one for MP 2. Is there a possibility that either there is one in development or can a downloader for MP 1 work in 2.3?
    I've not used MP1 yet, but nothin like this is existing for MP2 and I'm sure it will also not, because torrent is mostly used for illegal content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    Would have been cool, but no. For this, and a few other reasons, I moved on to Channels DVR. More or less the same idea though, as I'm using Channels as a backend for Plex with xTeVe as a virtual tuner. I've lost touch somewhat with what's going on with MePo, but Channels is being very actively developed (which is key, as there's a...
    Would have been cool, but no. For this, and a few other reasons, I moved on to Channels DVR. More or less the same idea though...
    Love MediaPortal 1! I've been using it for years, originally with the MePo client and for the last few years as a backend for...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for the feedback. It was a hands-on education getting everything setup via trial and error with Mediaportal 2, but it's all set. To obtain the program guide, I'm using Zap2XML. I created a batch file with one command to use Zap2XML to download the program data from tvguide.com (which then updates the XML file) and then...
    Thank you for the feedback. It was a hands-on education getting everything setup via trial and error with Mediaportal 2, but it's...
    Hello, I'm using MediaPortal 2, and I was curious as to whether it could be configured for streaming local cable online much like...
    Replies
    Views
    I've found that when streaming live tv from server to client via rtsp/rtp, the initial playback on the 1st channel selection does take a number of seconds for the MP client to actually send the RTSP describe/setup and play messages to the MP TV server, however, subsequent channel changes as initiated from client from live tv are...
    I've found that when streaming live tv from server to client via rtsp/rtp, the initial playback on the 1st channel selection does...
    Hi guys, Since WMP was disabled for Windows 10, I needed a suitable replacement - and found success using Kodi as a front-end...
    Replies
    Views
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
    I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom