Touch Screen improvements - One Click focus/Second Click to open & "onclick" feature (1 Viewer)

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
Hi there!

I am working on a Touch Screen skin (read more here) and I really am in need of some patches to simplify the use of it. I actually dont think its hard to solve my problems, but im not a developer so I really dont know what Im talking about.

First of all, I will try to explain how a touchscreen works for those who dont know.
It works exactly like a mouse, actually it IS a mouse. Except you dont need to drag the mouse pointer from A to B. You just click on point A (clicking on screen is a LEFT click on mouse) or you click on point B. And when pointing on screen somewhere, it always behaves like a click either on Touch OR on Release.

The problems that occurs when using TouchScreen in MediaPortal is that whenever you are pointing somewhere on screen, it LEFT clicks on mouse. For example you want to "select" a movie to display info about it or you want to "select" a file. Then it CLICKS, making it to play the video or play the files!! ARGH... thats not good at all, sure?

Thats why I kindly ask someone of you developers out there to PLEASE HELP ME.

What I do want is a patch that makes ONE CLICK to focus the file/folder and when file is selected and you click it once again THEN it will execute/play the file or open album/folder depending on whats focused!

My other request is "onclick" in button controls. Like "onleft = 4" / "onright = 6". But instead when CLICKING on a button with "onclick" feature it make FOCUS of another ID. Thats would make it a lot easier when using dummy buttons to make them focus of different reasons.

Ok, thats all folks!

I will really appreciate and LOVE you if someone could help me with this "issue". I know there is many using TouchScreens out there and I know it will be MORE in future as TouchScreen is becoming more and more regular.

Best Regards
PussyWagon

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I would like to see a plugin like this too - I guess we're just looking for basic Windows type operation here:

- single click highlights a folder* or a file
- double clicking either opens a folder, or plays a file
- click+hold = right click -> opens dialogue menu**

* In the case of Music for example it would be good to be able to highlight a CD cover and then click PLAY in the topbar to play the whole CD (is it possible to "link" to a play button located in another XML file?? I guess not...) or else "double click" on the folder to open it.

** Would the buttons on things like dialogue and slide in menus work on a double click or a single click? Single click would be better....

Hopefully someone out there who knows how to do this sort of thing sees the need for this plugin too... (or will Windows 7 solve all of this for us??)

Bleazle

bloasfist

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've been thinking about these features a long time, but never actually requested them. I've just learnt to live with the poor touch screen support within Mediaportal. Still, it would be VERY cool if these requests could be implemented.

PussyWagon: you've omitted the link towards the 'touch screen users look here'-thread...

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

as a long time touch screen user I would also like to see this plugin. It would really increase touch screen usability.

regards,
    Ruud.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    In my occasional pursuit of new htpc stuff, I went to the Origen AE site and discovered this beauty:
    Origen AE Technology - T12 Touch Panel

Basically a large touchscreen front-end for your htpc. it's got IR extenders and USB connectors as well.

Would look pretty cool as a MP front-end but would need a good touchscreen skin..

p.h.b.e.

Portal Member
    October 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

since a longer period i´m working on enhancements for my TouchScreen using it with MediaPortal.
    At the (a little longer...) moment i´m working on a plugin for special TouchScreen functions on MediaPortal.

I call it "TouchControl" and this plugin provides "Tap and Hold" and touchScreen gestures for MediaPortal.

Maybe you would like to take a look at my plugin and test it with me.

I uploaded it to a new Thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/touchcontrol-plugin-72445/

Thanks and Best Regards
    p.h.b.e.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom