[Skin] Touch Screen improvements - One Click focus/Second Click to play & "onclick" feature (2 Viewers)

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
Hi there!

I am working on a Touch Screen skin (read more here) and I really am in need of some patches to simplify the use of it. I actually dont think its hard to solve my problems, but im not a developer so I really dont know what Im talking about. :D

First of all, I will try to explain how a touchscreen works for those who dont know.
It works exactly like a mouse, actually it IS a mouse. Except you dont need to drag the mouse pointer from A to B. You just click on point A (clicking on screen is a LEFT click on mouse) or you click on point B. And when pointing on screen somewhere, it always behaves like a click either on Touch OR on Release.

The problems that occurs when using TouchScreen in MediaPortal is that whenever you are pointing somewhere on screen, it LEFT clicks on mouse. For example you want to "select" a movie to display info about it or you want to "select" a file. Then it CLICKS, making it to play the video or play the files!! ARGH... thats not good at all, sure? :)

Thats why I kindly ask someone of you developers out there to PLEASE HELP ME.

What I do want is a patch that makes ONE CLICK to select/focus the file and when file is selected and you click it once again THEN it will execute/play the files.

My other request is "onclick" in button controls. Like "onleft = 4" / "onright = 6". But instead when CLICKING on a button with "onclick" feature it make FOCUS of another ID. Thats would make it a lot easier when using dummy buttons to make them focus of different reasons. :)

Ok, thats all folks!

I will really appreciate and LOVE you if someone could help me with this "issue". I know there is many using TouchScreens out there and I know it will be MORE in future as TouchScreen is becoming more and more regular.

Best Regards
PussyWagon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom