Ongoing Touch screen table (1 Viewer)

Bratpitt

Portal Member
July 8, 2006
I Am about to start new project, yes touch screen table in living room to control my media portal.

As it is now I have WHS in a closet next room to living room and its all connected to stereo, one projector and one small touch screen (bad camouflaged as painting) controlling media portal.

Before I start I would like to know if others has any tip or suggestion, or perhaps already has table of that kind
DSC00392.jpg

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I haven't got such an setup but for me this sounds like a job for the mp display ++ plugin...

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It sounds like a cool idea, but is it really practical to have to bend over the table to navigate it? Wouldn't it be better to have tablet of some sort?

markcar_2000

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2009
    new york
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Are you going to cut the mon. In to the table and just clone it with the projector or are you going Have it in it own pc controlling it over wifi

I found some nice USB monitors on eBay that just connect. Over USB. For power video and touch

Bratpitt

Portal Member
    July 8, 2006
    Yes my thought is to cut the monitor into table and clone it to my media server (WHS+MP), if it’s practical am unsure. Well I have to wait little more got suddenly lack of money.

Here is clip of from cyclotouch witch has screens and touch frames.

markcar_2000

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2009
    new york
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That's sick I use to do high end systems and you know the couch that has the armrest in the middle that opens for storage thay wood cut a screen then wire the house controles in it .the controls were huge an take up the hole bin but it was cool. You might want to look in to rack mount desks for control rooms thay have monitor mounts for in the desk that popup on 45 not saying to buy but can get some great ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom